Chapter 21

Chapter 21

             ( Owen's POV)

I ran into my room leaving Dylan and Don alone.

I slammed the door and locked it. I drew myself under the covers, my chest hurt because of how hard I was breathing. I felt someone touch my back, I flinched away from the touch.

“Owen?” Hugo called out softly

Tears stained my cheeks. What had happened back there?

“I lost control of my powers and I know that I should have warned you about it but I didn't get the chance to do so.” He said

I kept quiet as my lips refused to move and my body couldn't stop shaking from the shock and also from how Hugo looked like. They were times were I thought that he might be lying about him being a demon but today he showed me who he truly is, and that is him being a Monster.

I heard Hugo draw in a sharp breath, and that's when I realized that he could hear my thoughts.

I threw the blanket off me and was met face-to-face with him.  His eyes were classy and his breathing was unsteady.

“Hugo?” I said

“Please don't call me that. I get it that I looked ugly and —”

“— I didn't mean that ok! It's just ...that you looked different and that threw me off but that doesn't mean you are a monster. I'm sorry for what you heard, sometimes my thoughts can wander around,” I explained to him

He slid down and dropped on the door with his legs folded then he rested his head against the door, and released a sigh.

“I have to tell you something,” He said

“Yes?” I replied

He still had the tears in his eyes but refused to release them.

I stood up and approached him. I then sat down in front of him.

“What's wrong?” I asked

He lifted his head and looked at me then he faced the other way. I couldn't quite get what was going on with him and do demons show such emotions?

“The contract....it was all a lie,” He said

“What do you mean?” My hands stopped shaking and my breathing stopped for a few seconds

“When you..spilled your blood on that paper we both got joined, or I could say tied together and for things to go back to normal we have to—” He stopped

A loud knock was heard on my door. I looked back at him expecting him to continue where he left off but he got quiet.

“OPEN UP OWEN!!” it was my father's voice

“Don't open it because he'll hurt you if you open it, and I don't want what happened in there to repeat itself,” He said.

“But he won't stop knocking and hurting me just because I ignored him,”  I said

“he will,” he said with a stern voice

We sat there until my father's knocking stopped. I heard footsteps going away from my door.

“What were you gonna say?” I asked him

He stood up and put his hands in his pockets and looked at his shoes “Never mind, I'm not even supposed to tell you all of it. I thought it would be easy to do it but it was not, just never ask me what I was going to tell you okay?”

“What?!”

“Owen listen to me for once okay and stop with your questions,” He said. He disappeared after that.

Why did he disappear every time we argued it was not as if I was the wrong one in this situation.

I went back under the covers as I had no energy left in me to deal with my family.

                ♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

I  passed the school gates alone and headed to class but before I could enter my first period someone held my hand

I turned around to look at who it was.

“Dude we have been calling you out, why didn't you wait up for us,” Red said with a smile

I returned a weak smile to him as my morning had started badly “ Hey, sorry my mind was somewhere else,” I said back to him

My mind went back to how when I had opened my door in the morning and went into the kitchen first, I found them all having breakfast and chatting all together as if my dad didn't want to cut my throat the day before.  I had said good morning and surprisingly they answered back normally, Don and Dylan looked like they didn't remember what happened.

“If you say so,” He said as he dragged me into class with his hand now on my hip.

Heat rushed to my ears and cheeks, I instantly felt warm inside out. I looked at Chaise and Green, only to find them laughing at me. I had a feeling that they knew about my little crush on Red.

He guided me to our normal seats beside the window at the back. I looked around searching for his girlfriend.

“Where is your girlfriend?” Asked Green to Red

Red shrugged his shoulder, lifted his legs, and placed them on the table  “I think I might have fucked her too hard last night,” He said

My smile dropped

●●●●●●●●●●●

Why don't I feel so good about this chapter 😭 these characters are controlling themselves cause the secret should have been out a long time ago like dam😭😭😭😭😭

Please forgive me if you didn't like their chapter🥺