Chapter 25

Chapter 25

              Owen's POV

“What's going on?” I asked

My body felt cold and my hands couldn't stop shaking. I had to be strong for once and stop acting like a 5-year-old I told myself.

Hugo hugged me as his hands brushed my back slowly. I couldn't feel a heartbeat as my head was on his chest, but I didn't keep my thoughts on that they were bigger things I had to focus on.

“It is temporary. I didn't know what was going on so I froze everything so that if you were in danger then.....” He stopped talking as he  looked outside

“W...what?” I stuttered. I couldn't see anything as my view was blocked by his huge hands.

“Nothing,” He said

I pushed myself off him and looked behind me. Don and Dylan were still standing there frozen and nothing looked suspicious.

As I turned back to him I noticed that he was wearing different clothes from when he was with me.

“Why are you wearing a different pair of clothes?” I asked him

“Let's not talk about that now. Why were you scared in the first place,” He questioned

I side-eyed him but left my questions for later.

“My Dad—He said something about you being a demon and that you are using me for something, ” I answered

“Him?” he asked as he pointed at my Dad behind him.

I carefully watched his facial expressions as I told him this and he honestly looked confused at what I told him. I also don't think that he would be using me for anything other than wanting me to kill someone.

“How does he know about you being with me and also about what you are,” I pressed on

“I should be asking you that Owen,” He said.

I looked between him and Dad as I was lost too, I had no idea how they would know each other. And if it is true that my Dad knows about him then Hugo would wipe out my father's memory about him.

“Disappear and unfreeze them I have to talk to him,” I said.

“Wait what?” He asked as his eyes widened

“What? And why do you look shocked?”

“Nothing. Also, things don't work like that, well have to wait for 30 minutes for them to unfreeze also when they do unfreeze they would have no memory of what they were doing here,” Hugo said to me.

I felt agitated and annoyed by that, I knew that he would pull something like that but why is he even lying

I kept quiet and didn't question him further.  We waited for 30 minutes and when it was over, they all unfroze.

Hugo was still standing beside me stating that they wouldn't be able to see him. When my Dad unfroze and looked at me, I saw him try his best not to look at my side.

He stuttered trying to say something to me but gave up and left the room. Even the twins looked defeated and left.

It felt as if I was the only one who was left in the dark and everyone else knew what was going on.

“See the is nothing to worry about now why don't you rest so that you could be refreshed for school tomorrow,” He said as he pushed me towards my bed.

“We didn't talk about your clothes Hugo,” I said

He stopped pushing me and groaned. He clenched and unclenched his jaw.

“Look Owen you are not the only one who I have okay? I have  family members who still talk to me and I happen to meet one today,” He said

“Then why don't you go and live with that family member?”

“Hey you listen here you nosey kid, I have my problems and stuff so just because I became your demon that does not mean I have to answer to you about everything,” He growled at me.

I folded my arms as I took the steps separating us towards him. I was now standing close to his face, I couldn't feel his hot breath... he wasn't even breathing.

“Listen here you weird ass lying Demon, I won't go by your rules either so if you don't want to respect and tell me the truth then you should expect the same from me too,” I said

I felt my knees try to give up on me, but I thought about my favorite ice cream flavor just to disturb myself from dropping to my knees.

Hugo seemed surprised at my outburst but he didn't look angry at me though.

He chuckled as he stole a quick kiss from me.

“Hey!” I shouted

“What? You were the one who had his lips too close to mine so I did what I thought was right,” He said

I tried kicking him but he proofed on me and appeared in the corner of my bedroom. He had this huge smile on his face.

I picked my heaviest pillow and chased him with it, we had a little chase in my room as he kept disappearing on me and showing up somewhere far from me. I ended up catching him and hit him with the pillow on his head. He fell face first on the bed.

I was laughing as he was too. I dropped myself on top of the bed too, we were now laying on our backs and looking at the ceiling.

“That was a cheat up did there,” I said to him

He chuckled “Sorry but you were temping me and I didn't want us to argue,”

I thought about what I was about to say carefully  “Hugo?”

“Hmmm” he answered

“I get it that you are a demon that is on a contract but when I'm with you I feel....secured and safe also ..—” I chuckled a little “— Today was the first day I laughed so...real ever in my life. I get it that it might be in your nature to lie to me and do bad things but could you please just try to be honest with me?” I asked

I didn't hear him answer me so I turned my head and looked at him.

I nearly screamed at what  I saw. He had a lot of blood coming out of his nose and eyes, the were dark black veins showing under his skin.

“Hugo” I called out as I sat up and shaked him.

He didn't respond to me for some time but eventually, he came back. He coughed out black blood and placed his hand on his abdomen.

“Hugo?” I called out. My eyes were full of tears as others fell

“Hey....hey don't cry it's nothing to worry yourself about,” He said as he squeezed my hand, but from the look on his face something told me that it was more.

' Is my Hugo ok?'

●●●●●●●●●

Aaaaaaaaah I hope Hugo is okay

See I told you that they control themselves anyways how was the chapter and what do u think is up with Hugo?