Chapter 3

I looked around the room. I had never been able to see so clearly before. Whatever he injected in me must have strengthened my eyesight. I turned to see a tall man in a white doctors suit. He had medium blonde hair and green eyes.

"Hello, I am Doctor Henderson. Everything is fine Miss. Gardner." he said.

I sat up and looked at him.

"You...y.you injected me with something" I said weakly and terrified.

He had a nervous look on his face. "I didn't inject you with anything, you must have dreamed that." he lied.

"I heard you talking to the nurses, you injected me with something...I felt it and I have the right to know what's inside my body. Please tell me! " I asked.

He looked at me. He scooted his chair closer to my bed.

"you must promise not to say anything if I tell you."

"I promise sir, I know your life depends on it."

"No, yours does."

I looked at him nervously.

"What I injected in you was Keloformin. It was an undiscovered element until I created it. It is the strongest element that exists. You were dying and I had no other options. So I decided to use it on you." he said. I could tell he was still hiding some information from me.

"What would happen if someone were to find out? " I asked.

"Miss. Gardner, what is now inside of you is the last of the element Keloformin. I refuse to recreate the element again. Being that it is one of the strongest things on the planet, many people would be willing to do anything to get their hands on it. Including kill. I am trusting you to keep this secret." he explained.

I knew the seriousness of the situation.

"Do you understand? " he asked.

"Yes, your secret is safe with me."

"I have good feelings about you Gardner. I trust in you the most with this secret," there was a sudden knock at the door. He scooted his chair back quickly.

"Well I cant keep your parents waiting. They are extremely anxious to see you..." he said as he dialed the phone to tell a nurse to bring my parents up.

"Why me?" I asked when he hung up.

"You are brave. The police told me your story. You knew the odds were against you with the man who shot you and you kept fighting till the end."

"That's nothing." I said.

"Looking at your injuries, I've seen that you were shot several times before finally collapsing. That takes a lot of strength. I've seen grown men get taken down by a minor shot."

My parents both rushed in, hugging me.

"Oh thank god!! I thought I was going to lose you!! " my mom weaped.

"Honey, you had us worried sick! " my dad said.

I turned to see Dr. Henderson looking at my family and me embracing. There was a warm smile on his face.

"She is doing wonderfully. As a matter of fact, she should be able to go home later today." he stated.

"Thank you, Doctor. I don't know how we will ever repay you! " my mom said.

"I'm just doing my job! " he stated sweetly.

"Thanks Doc! " I said greatfully.

He smiled. "You need anything I am just down the hall." he said as he left.

"Well that's good news! You get to go home today!" my dad said.

"Yes, I cant wait to be home."

I turned to see my mom holding the box the glass angel was in.

"You got it?!! " I asked in shock.

"Yes, the police found it next to your car. "

"What happened? Did they catch the man? " I asked.

"Yes, he is in prison now. They found him in his car at the closest gas station."

Yes, they caught the guy. I didn't have to worry anymore. Justice would be done.

"So do you like your present " I asked trying to change the subject.

She pulled it out. The wings were gone on it. They must have broke off when I fought the man. I became upset.

"Oh no! The stupid wings broke off!! "

My mom smiled at the angel. Admiring it for a second. "I still love it. It actually means more to me now. You want to know why? " she asked.

"Sure"

"Ever since you were born, I always knew you were an angel. God blessed me with you. You were always wanting to help people and you get upset if people are treated unfairly. You are my blessing. I believe you are my Angel without wings sent here to help people." she said sweetly.

My mom always had this way to make me feel great. I didn't believe her though, I mean aren't mom's suppose to say things like that?

"I am not an angel."

"Yes you are, you just don't see it." she said. I smiled at her.

"I love you guys " I said.

"We love you too honey "

A few hours passed and I was sent home. I went to my bedroom to see it full of get well soon balloons and cards. It made me smile as I walked in. My brother paused the video games he was playing in his bedroom. He walked past my bedroom.

"Hi Jake " I said.

"You're home? Why couldn't the hospital have kept you! " My brother said.

"Nice to see you too," I said sarcastically "Not like I nearly died or anything...."

He rolled his eyes and went downstairs to get a snack. Sometimes he was such a brat. I lay in my bed, reading all the different cards. It felt good to see everyone concerned about me. I set the cards down and I turned on the Tv. I flipped through the channel, nothing was on. It was around 6pm, my parents came up.

"Honey we went and got you dinner...it's your favorite." my Dad said as he handed me 2 wrapped tacos.

"Thanks guys!! " I said excited. Yes, I get excited over food, but, this isn't just any food. It's Mexican food!

"Your welcome, now get some rest" my mom said as she kissed my head.

"I will"

My parents left. I began eating my taco. Tired of flipping through the channels, I decided to watch the news. I watched as the anchorman began talking about the many crimes that occurred that day. My family and I lived in a nice neighborhood, we lived a few minutes away from the city, Detroit. The city itself is filled with crime.Everytime I watched the news, I heard of shootings, robberies, and murders. It is a beautiful city with much potential, but crime has made it out to be a horrible city.

I watched TV for 3 more hours and decided it was ready for bed. I rested my head on my pillow. I heard a Tv in the distance, Law and Order was on. I knew my brother doesn't watch it, but my Dad does. My Dad was all the way downstairs. How could I have heard it sp clearly? I thought for a second. Those injections must have strengthened my hearing along with my sight.

I lay there thinking of all the events that occurred over the past 48 hours. I slowly drifted off to sleep. It was around 3 am I awoke. My body was tingling. I broke into a cold sweat. I could my heart thumping loudly again. 'What is going on?' I thought to myself. I put my hand to my forehead, trying to see if I was running a fever. My long nails rubbed against my forehead, accidentally scratching it. Wait....my nails aren't long. I hated having long nails, I always had this habit of biting them. So I could never keep them long. I put my hands in front of me.

My nails were silver, long, and like razor blades. They looked as if they were made of steel. Was I dreaming? No I couldn't be. "What the fuck?!" I said quietly getting out of bed. I went to my bathroom mirror. As soon as I looked up I nearly passed out.