Chapter 22

"Are you the one who called?" asked the officer.

"Yes. She is in the warehouse with a woman who said she worked for the Russian Government. " I explained.

I watched as a large black Charger and Ambulance pull up. 4 men exited the charger. They were in a black uniform.

A dark haired man walked up to the officer I was talking to and whispered something to him. The officer nodded his head.

"Listen, these men are going to take care of this.....do not go inside the warehouse, understand? " he asked.

Who were these guys? What were they doing?

I nodded my head in agreement and stepped back. My wife walked up with Lily. The 4 men walked into the warehouse. We stood there waiting, what seemed like hours was only 5 minutes. 2 men walked out holding the woman. She was dead. A couple paramedics entered the building. Genevieve did it! I waited to see her exit, to see her crack a joke or insult towards me. I waited anxiously.

She never came out. Instead I watched the rest of the paramedics rush in with a gurney. A few minutes later they came out with her. Her hair was matted with blood, her shirt was covered in it. Her skin was pale. She lay there lifelessly.

"No...No! NO!!!" I yelled. The officer tried pushing me back. I pushed my way past him. I didn't want to believe it. No, she couldn't be. I always seen her as indestructible and strong. She can't be dead...she can't!!!