Chapter 23

I ran to Genevieve. 2 of the suited men pulled me back. I watched as Medics began working on her. They were trying to get her to breathe.

"Let me go! She needs me!!" I yelled. They began pulling me back.

Where was the syringe? All they would have to do is inject it into her. She could live, they had to have seen it somewhere in there. My little daughter looked at me.

"Daddy what's wrong with her?" she asked curiously. She was to young to understand what was going on.

I didn't want to tell her that Genevieve was dead. I made up a lie.

"She is sleeping, honey." I replied trying to hide the sadness and panic in my face.

"Well why wont she wake up?" she asked.

"She's very tired."

I turned to see one of the men holding the syringe. They slipped it in a bag and went to put it in the car. They knew that syringe would save her life. Why were they keeping it instead?!! They knew that syringe of Keloformin would save her life. They were keeping it, so they could make more for the military. I began to become angry. How could they just let her die like this?!

I ran up to the man.

"You selfish asshole!!!!" I yelled. I felt horrible for using such language, especially when my daughter was there. The man turned around and gave me a dirty look.

"Excuse me?!" said the man.

"You heard me! You know that the syringe will save her life!!! Yet, you took it, just so you can use it for the military??"

"Sir, how do you know this? That is information that is supposed to be confidential!" he replied.

I watched as the medics continued working on her. Each breath she took was getting shorter. Her skin had lost all its color. I didn't have much time.

"She told me!! Only because she needed someone she could trust! I don't know the whole history of the experiment, but I assure you she did nothing wrong! She was forced into this, when that Doctor saved her life using the Keloformin."