Chapter 17

I heard a small whimper. I turned to see Mr. Kent's daughter terrified as she watched me strangle this man. I looked at the man and dropped him. "I am not one of them " I thought to myself. I walked over to the cat eyed woman.

"Stay where you are!" she commanded. She put a gun to Mr.Kent's head. I froze.

"Dont even try swiping the gun away either. If you even move your hand up, I will shoot him!"

I was frozen. His wife cried, "No, no please don't!!!"

The woman ignored her.

"Good...now listen to me. My name is Carmen. I am an undercover agent from Russia. I was sent here to kill you. You see, the minute we heard of your existence, we knew we didn't want such a American weapon against us, "

"I am not a weapon used for war! And I'm not for the Americans or the Russians side. I am on my own side!" I argued.

"Whatever side you are on, you cant be trusted. Look at you, you are so young and was given so much power. Look what you just did. You took out all my guards in 5 minutes. You are a murderer, a monster!"

I looked around. She was right, I lost control of myself and killed them. I wasnt a superhero, I was a murderer.

"Genevieve dont listen to her!" yelled Mr. Kent.

"Shut up!! " Carmen yelled as she knocked the gun against his head.

He fell to the ground. She grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

I was about to lunge at her, when she pointed the gun to his head again.