Chapter 19

I ran over to Mr. Kent and untied him.

"Go, get your family and yourself out of here. Once you are to safety call the police."

"Genevieve, please don't just throw your life away. You can take her."

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine, " I lied. He knew better.

There were tears in my eyes.

"Why are you risking your life for me and my family?" he asked.

"because you are like a dad to me Mr. Kent. I wouldn't let my dad die, and neither would I let you." I answered back.

He did the unexpected and hugged me, like a father would hug his daughter. I could see his eyes were wet.

"You are brave Genevieve. Don't show any weakness to her. I'm going to get you help..don't worry." he promised.

I knew that there wouldn't be any help for me. Before I could say anything, I felt a sharp pain in my arm. I turned around to see Carmen pull out a syringe from my arm. My blonde hair and green eyes went away.

"Just in case you try to get any ideas...." she said.

"Genevieve?!" Mr. Kent yelled in concern.

"Go! Get your family out of here!" I yelled to him.

He looked at me as if trying to make a decision what to do. He turned to his wife and untied her and their daughter. He embraced them. I felt Carmen grab my arm.

"Get them out of here! Get as far away as you can!" I cried to him.

He began exiting the building. He had a look of pain and sadness on his face. He was safe though, I could die knowing that I had saved his life.

I felt Carmen grab my hair, she slammed my head into the wall. My vision was blurred.

"Not so strong without your powers, are you?" she stated.