Chapter 12

I told Mr. Kent how I had been shot and nearly died, and how Dr. Henderson injected me with the element Keloformin. I explained to him how I saved the hostages and several other criminals. He stood there in amazement.

"Your life is straight out of the comics." he stated

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. I never expected any of this!"

"Genevieve, this is something that never happens to anybody. You have been truly blessed. I wished I had your power."

"I do appreciate it, but its hard to when your family and friend's life are on the line."

"Wait what?" he asked confused.

"A couple weeks ago when the school was attacked, it wasn't just a random attack. Those men were after me, they killed Dr. Henderson. Brought a bomb into a high school, and then proceeded in with guns to try and kill me. What makes you think they wont kill anybody else who is in their way?"

He was silent.

"You are the only one who knows my secret. You are the only one I have told. I promise to protect you, but you have to promise to tell no one about me. If they know you have any association with me, we are both dead." I explained.

"You can trust me Genevieve, I wouldn't want anything to happen to you. After all, who would run errands for me? " he joked.

I laughed. "Thank you Mr. Kent."

"You're welcome."

The bell had rang. I grabbed my belongings. Right as I was about to open the door, I heard Mr. Kent say to me,

"Does this mean I'm your side kick....you know like Robin in Batman?" he asked.

"Sure." I laughed as I walked out. I knew my secret was safe with him.

After school I went out for pizza with my friends. Tori had paid for the pizza since my birthday was in a couple days. She had felt bad that she would be missing my birthday, while she was in Texas with her family. Tori's brother Andy, who was also a good friend of mine, had downed most of the pizzas and still had room for cheesybread. I looked at him in wonder.

"How do you eat that much and stay so skinny?" I asked him.

He laughed, "because I'm just that amazing." he replied sarcastically.

Tori and I rolled our eyes. A waitress was at a nearby table cleaning up. She dropped some napkins and bent over to pick them up. I watched as Andy checked out the waitress.

"Are you seriously checking out the waitress's ass? " Tori said.

Andy continued staring until I slapped him upside the head.

"I'm sorry that she's hot!" he said.

The waitress must have heard everything, she quickly got up and gave Andy a dirty look as she walked past. Andy blushed as Tori cracked up laughing.

"Don't worry, Andy. Maybe you'll have better luck next time. Just next time, act like a gentleman." I stated.

We finished our food and headed out. We all loaded into Andy's car. As he was driving us home, "Don't Stop Believing " by Journey began playing on the radio.

Andy obnoxiously blurted out, "JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL....LIVING IN A LONELY WORLD!!!! "

I started laughing. Tori then came in, "She took the midnight train going anywheeeere!!!!!!!"

Before you knew it, we were all jamming out in the car to the song. I was rocking it on the air guitar, Tori took the piano, and Andy...yeah he was the lead singer of the group. By the time I got home it was 9pm. I was laughing so hard after I had gotten out of the car from our "performance", I nearly peed my pants.

"Thanks for everything! I'll see ya around!" I said to them as they left.

"No prob!" said Andy.

"Happy Birthday Genevieve! Text me sometime ok?" she asked.

"I will, thanks for the fun night!" I said as they drove off.

When I got in, I went upstairs to change into pajamas. I had quickly changed into them, and thought I would turn on my laptop and check my email. Just as I opened my laptop I saw a small piece of paper sitting on top of the keyboard. I grabbed it, it was a letter. It read,

"Dear Genevieve, it is so good to hear you are turning 19, what a wonderful woman you are. For your birthday you are in for a real treat. Don't worry you will find out soon enough, I cant wait to show you your surprise!! P.S. We are always watching! "

I dropped the letter, my hands were trembling. I had no clue, who had written this. It was obviously somebody I didnt know. Whoever it was that wrote it, somehow found a way into my house, which frightened me. It also didn't help that they had mentioned a "surprise". Whatever it was, it couldn't be good....