🏒Goon⛸️

Retelling the ordeal to Chen, uncle Ren and Captain Jin was not an easy feat; and all the while keeping a stoic face and reining in the emotions so as to not break down had become quite tiresome. But, Xian knew for his plan to be placed in action; the truth had to be revealed.

As expected Chen and uncle Ren were shocked beyond words. Their pale faces depicted every single emotion they felt. As for Captain Jin, he was the one who was absolutely quiet. Xian could feel his captain's rage; but the man had always been known for his calm nature.

"Xi, why didn't you come forward all those months ago and make a formal complaint against Miron?" Making his way towards Xian, Chen asked softly, "Why Xian? This; I am asking as your coach. Why didn't you feel the need to reveal such sexual abuse against you?"

"Would it have made a difference?" Xian had to give applause to his own acting. Answering with no emotions was taking a toll on him; but if he were to cry at this point, it would all be over.

"Of course it would have, kid. We are with you; remember?"

"What do you intend on doing?" This question was posed by uncle Ren.

"I have few evidences with me at this moment which are in Christian's custody. I have few more which would be handed to the cops once I have formally filed a complaint against them."

"Who are all involved?"

"Coach, there were six DNAs found; but I remember only five of them in the room."

"Who all?"

"Miron, Edik, Edmon, Fred and Lenya."

"Fuck!" Coach Chen cursed out aloud.

"But the evidence that we've collected through the video, only five faces are to be seen. Not the sixth."

"How is that possible?" Uncle Ren was genuinely confused.

"He was wearing a cap and mask."

It was then Captain Jin sighed and for the first time since Xian shared his ordeal, did the other man speak. But, his question was for Coach and uncle Ren, "Xian isn't aware; is he?"

"What am I unaware of?"

Looking squarely at Xian; Captain Jin answered, "You're aware that Miron is a fantastic forward and no one can deny that."

The moment he heard Captain Jin's words Xian's heart sank. He knew where this was going.

"A few weeks ago there were talks of recruiting Miron as a forward for the National team. Most of the paperwork are almost through and it's just a matter of time before he joins us."

This was a huge blow to Xian. Had it not been for Azure coming to his aid in an instant and supporting him, he was sure his body would have given up.

"Xian." Captain Jin's eyes swayed between Azure and his. "Up until now Miron has had the best track record. There are no complaints against him nor has he flouted any rules. He has a huge fan base and our country has invested substantial amount on him as a breakthrough to have an international player amongst us."

"So, what are you saying Captain Jin?" Xian's voice was a mere whisper.

Making his way towards Xian, Captain Jin was sympathetic, "Remember a few years ago when you joined our team; what did I say?" He didn't wait for Xian to answer and continued, "I said we're family. Xian, you're my family but so is Miron. If you go ahead with this case and Miron is proved guilty; I will personally make his life miserable.

"But nonetheless, while the trials going on and when called forward to give my evidence, if by then I haven't received any complaints against him, I will speak only the truth."