Chapter 7 - A Glimpse Of You

A woman's heart, is an ocean of secrets.

*

Roman and Sienna both gape at the living room window, watching the curtain slightly move to the side every now and then.

Sienna's eyes close momentarily in embarrassment.

"Sorry." She mumbles, apologizing for her parents' inquisitiveness.

Roman smiles and turns to look at her.

"For what?"

"That." She exhales and shakes her head slightly, the action causing a strand of hair to fall over her face.

Roman watches her with great absorption... it's almost like dejavu.

Like someone hit pause on their feelings and just suddenly....pressed play again.

This does feel like devaju, like the first time she officially brought him home to meet her parents as her boyfriend...she was more nervous than he was that day.

'Relax..why are you so nervous?' Roman had asked her.

'Because I want them to love you as much as I do.' she responded, planting a firm kiss on his lips.

She had not realized it yet, but that was the first time she had used the word love between them...later, she would also be the first to confess it.

'They will love me.' he had said with confidence and proceeded to charm Hope throughout the evening as they had dinner and watched old photographs of Sienna when she was younger and then laughed over one where she had on reading glasses that were too large for her face, Roman teased that she looked like a cartoon figure. By the end of the night, Hope was calling him 'Honey'. Steve was tougher to impress. It took a few months but eventually they were discussing football and cars over a beer whenever they'd meet.

Coincidentally, they both sigh and look away. Roman rests his elbow on the window frame before gripping his jaw thoughtfully.

How did they end up like this? It had felt like it would be forever.

His phone vibrates again -- this time he checks to find a message from the driver. He is just around the corner.

"My ride is here." He utters and gets out of the car.

"Oh." Sienna murmurs, opening her own door and slowly stepping down to the ground.

Before he has any ideas of lifting her up again here where her family can see them, she starts walking to the front door, trying not to put any weight on her sore toes.

Roman follows behind her, finding her unsteady walk amusing.

Honestly, he kind of fancied the idea of carrying her again......an excuse to hold her.

"Move along old lady." He teases behind her, his hand on the small of her back urging her as she looks back and chuckles.

Turning back fully, she wonders why he is rushing her.. it's not like she can see the other car arrive yet.

Is he going to wait outside, alone?

"Do you want to come in, at least until the car arrives." She swallows, wanting to prolong their time together.

"It's here."

She glances over his shoulder but only sees total darkness.

"Oh, ok." She murmurs quietly and wonders what she did now to make him want to leave so urgently all of a sudden.