Chapter 21 - Euphoria

You are a thief and I am a beggar.
You stole everything from me,
The air from my lungs, the heart in my chest,
And all the thoughts in my head.
The entirety of what you have stolen is yours,
I don't want them back,
And I'm begging you to take more.
-Anonymous.

*

About twenty minutes later, I have showered and dressed

If it had been just Rome and me around the house, I would have put on something more easy-going and relaxed, shorts maybe and one of his shirts, but instead, I put on a lose fitting button up shirt over my legging so that I am a bit more presentable among guests.

As I walk down the stairs, the memory of Roman's body in mine is still very raw and fresh in my head, and it's evidenced by the dull and tender ache I feel between my legs as I walk. But it's a wonderful aching feeling that I welcome and want to hold on to because it reminds me of him, of us and what we did.

I don't want to forget what happened, what it felt like after such a long time apart.

I walk into his living room expecting to find Ella and the guys, and I ready myself for a bit of gentle teasing about me and Rome being back together, but instead, I find Rome alone and laid back on the sofa, his head focused on a bunch of papers he has in his hands on, he doesn't even see me coming.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, even though I'm quite happy with this new situation.

"They left, I offered to say goodbye to you on their behalf." He says.

"I figured you could go without the extra attention for tonight." He adds

Aww..so thoughtful.

I smile as I walk towards him.

"Thanks." I utter, sitting down besides him on the sofa.

"Are you OK?"

He puts the documents down next to him and kisses the back of my hand.

"I missed you." He drawls.

"My mind is saturated with thoughts of us earlier...I can't stop thinking about it and wanting more." he says honestly, his words sort of just picking up on my own thoughts coming down stairs and I can't help but feel a wave of heat run through my body, but I remind myself to be the responsible one this time.

"I meant health wise."

"I think the activities of the day are finally starting to wear me down" he admits.

"...except from you. I have energy that I need to burn out with you." He adds, rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb looking at me through his lashes."

"Can you be serious for a minute."

"Do I look lie I am joking?" he asks.

I shake my head and bury my face in the crook of his neck.