Chapter 16 - Selcouth

I wish to have you here.
Wish to have you around me.
If that is considered crazy, then let it be, because I am more than crazy for you.

*

I watch Roman's car fade into the darkness

I watch Roman's car fade into the darkness. The headlights the last to disappear like two eyes vanishing into the darkness.

I stand there, just staring, until someone touches me on the shoulder, startling me.

"Hey." Ally murmurs when I look over my shoulder.

I sigh, I turn around, then hug her.

"What's going on." I pull away and ask.

She rubs my upper arms, before taking my hands in hers and looking at me sympathetically.

"Ally?" I mutter, running out of patience.

"Look, I don't have all the details, but let's just go in the house and find out." she says, pulling me towards the house.

I look back over my shoulder and it's nothing but darkness.

I follow quietly behind her.

"Well?" I ask, as soon as we step into the house.

"Can we at least sit down?"

"Stop managing me like a child...tell me what's going on? Why was Roman like that, and why did you ask me to come here?" I ask, while she continues to walk until she turns into the dining room.

I follow her there, a scowl on my face, my arms folded over my chest, my patience levels down to zero and literally about to lose my mind.

There, sitting at the far end of the table is a familiar figure.. Kyan, is it?

I have seen him around a few times, always serious, always in a rush, aways with a laptop and cap on his head and always with Nick. Ally once told me he was a PI or hacker or something. Quite frankly, he looks quite young to be one, but if he works for Nick, then he must be pretty good at it.

He tips his cap and nods in greeting or acknowledgement when we lock eyes.

"Roman was with Kyan earlier before he came to get you, and they discussed some stuff and looked over some videos he got from house at the manor."

"What discussion, and what videos?" I ask, my hands still folded over my chest.

"Perhaps we should wait for them to return...then we I can show you." This time it's Kyan who speaks.

"Is it something to do with me?" I ask and he looks hesitant to respond.

"For fucks sake just tell me." I shout at both of them, pushing my chest and face forward.

"Yes." My shoulders sag.

What could it have been that had Roman acting so strange like that? I feel a hollowness in my stomach...my nerves just going on a complete overload.