Chapter 15 - Flashlight🔮

I would recognize you in total darkness, were you mute, and I deaf. I would recognize you in another lifetime entirely, in different bodies, different times. And I would love you in all of this, until the very last star in the sky burnt out into oblivion.

-- Achilles

*

We touch down in Hartford around 8pm, the private jet's cabin quickly filling up with commotion as everyone stands up and starts to collect their things

I stand up too and half turn, as I reach for something up in the overhead compartment.

"Hey." I look over my shoulder to Sienna standing behind me.

"Hai." I reply, before turning around and putting my carry-on bag down where I was sitting.

"So, I was thinking." she murmurs, adjusting the cap on her head that she took from my head earlier in the day when we went for a walk.

"Yeah?" I mumble expectantly.

"That I still owe you a roast chicken dinner." she says.

"You do....so what are you going to do about it?" I ask, unable to hold back a smile.

"Uhm..." she smiles widely too,

"That maybe I could redeem myself tonight, if you don't have any other plans." It sounds more like a question than an offer, and I love the way she leans back, and bites her lip, her brows furrowing as she waits for my response.

"For you, my plans can change."

She chuckles and relaxes.

"Ok, great..I will see you outside." she whispers and walks past me.

I watch for a few seconds as she walks away, a backpack on her back and a large tote bag hanging on her shoulders, she adjusts my cap again.... a huge smile is still plastered on my face when I turn back around, only to find Marco and Nick looking at me, with intense curiosity.

My smile drops and I frown, then give them both the middle finger to remind them to mind their own business.

*

Outside, I have a quick word with Nick again over the issues we discussed, he tells me that he will get back to me sooner than expected with some results...... then I watch as everyone gets into separate cars, because we are all going to different destinations.

My car is here because I drove to the airport with Raquel at the beginning of the trip, but I walk to the car I see Sienna get in.

"Ready to go?" I ask her, as I bend down by the window on her side of the car.

"Yep." she smiles, and scoots over, making room for me to get in.

I'm aware how this will look to everyone, us leaving together, in one car...I should probably just meet her at the apartment instead, but I can't get myself to pass up the opportunity to spend some time, anytime with her.