Chapter 18 - Fragile Craving

The way to protect a flower, is to let it bloom.

Between the nasty headache and the uncomfortable sweatpants, I find myself staring aimlessly at the ceiling, unable to find sleep

On the other hand, after running my fingers through her hair and massaging her scalp, Sienna shut down like a light..her head is now heavy on my chest, fast asleep.

Confident that she won't awaken, I shift my body from hers and move her head onto a pillow besides me, then I lay on my side, my head popped on my hand as I watch her sleep.

This feels like a dream.... only last night I was in complete anguish about our situation, tonight, I have the world in my hands, just like that...I'm afraid to blink, to look away, in case it disappears, slips through my fingers, or I simply just wake up.

She looks even more beautiful when she is asleep.... her dark lashes and soft baby hair on the edge of her hair line making such a huge contrast to her porcelain skin, making her look so young, delicate...and the dark mass of hair surrounds her like a Halo on the peach-colored pillowcase.

I gently trial my finger against her cheek, close to her ear and see her lips part with a little whimper.

This is real.

She is really here, and mine again.

I tilt my face towards her cheek, to kiss her, but I feel the whole weight of my head come forward, threatening to fall off my shoulder.... throbbing with heat and pain.

I kiss her cheek and shut my eyes tightly, trying to brave the pain from the headache, before lifting off the bed entirely.

Switching on the bathroom light, I stop Infront of the mirror and examine my painful side...I press my finger on a dark bruise and feel the pain shoot through my torso.

I close my eyes momentarily to withhold the pain, before pressing my fingers in deeper.

I definitely broke a rib falling down the stairs last night.

I broke a fucking rib...I hiss.

I reach for the medicine cabinet for some pills to numb the pain for the night.... I will have all this checked out first thing tomorrow.

I wash my face and wet my entire head, hoping the cold water will reduce the throbbing before the pills kick into my system.

I scolded Sienna for not eating last night when I equally had not had super either......I think the lack of food in my system is contributing to my pain.

I'm way to tired and spent to go down for a meal, but luckily, I have energy bars for when work is hectic and I can't get proper food, so I search through my storage and grab one and wash it down with a glass of water, before going back down to bed.