Chapter 22 - Something Happened To My Heart

*

*

I wipe my hand on the bathroom mirror in order to clear the fog caused by the steam and stop to stare at my reflection.

I look how I feel, extremely tired.

My eyes are red and feel sandy from the combination of the water in the shower where I stayed too long in order to let the heated liquid massage my body, and the lack of adequate sleep not to mention the adult physical activities Rome and I got up to despite better judgement. 

My body aches in all kinds of places, but somehow, I only have to think of Roman and his green eyes and subtle touches and I start grinning like a fool.

Each time I close my eyes, a fresh image of me and him comes up that fills my cheek with heat and color.

I go to the other bedroom where I put my things to get dressed despite showering in Roman's bedroom, and spend the next few minutes blow drying my hair before getting dressed into Carmel colored wide legged pleated pants with a white body suit tacked into the waist. I work my hair into a back braid and leave a few strands for a simple but flirty look and put on some heels.

I look at my reflection in the full length wall mirror and smile. I look good, and the look translates into feelings,leaving me feeling powerful and determined.

"What do you think boys?" I look at Bear and Beta through the reflection in the mirror.

I like that they keep following me around everywhere. They may be the closest thing to Roman and it makes me feel safe and accepted to have them come to me to freely and willing all the time.

A look at the time and see that it's past 8am already. I'm going to be late.

Rome is still in the living room when I get back down stairs. He turns at the sound of my heels on the floor and cocks his eye brow when he sees me.

"Whoa!" he utters, looking visibly taken aback by my appearance.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"I'm meeting Meg, remember" My voice sounds horse and croaky....I could really use some sleep.

"Looking like that?" he puns and I glare at him.

"Is that your way of saying I look nice?"

"You look more than nice and fresh, there is no word for it." he says as he looks me up and down.

"Well, Thank you.. I feel the absolute opposite though...I feel like a dead horse and everything hurts." I admit.

"Everything?" he smirks, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Everything" I reply and his smirk turns into a worried frown.

"But not in a bad way though...."

"Hmm?"