Chapter 32 - New Kind of Love

There is a lunch line that everyone has to follow in order to get the food before heading down to the tables and benches set up near the lake, but as we make our way to where the buffet table, I can't help but notice the extra attention that I am ...

There is a lunch line that everyone has to follow in order to get the food before heading down to the tables and benches set up near the lake, but as we make our way to where the buffet table, I can't help but notice the extra attention that I am drawing with Roman by my side....the side eyes, whispers and giggles and occasional double takes and little waves directed at us.

I am guessing that Roman was very popular here owing to the role his family plays in funding and hosting this event and even though he hasn't been here in a while, a lot of people still remember and recognize him. Also, there is a lot of fists bumps, side hugs and 'good to see you again' going around every few steps we take, sometimes even interrupting our conversation.

But I don't mind it at all.

"What?" Rome asks when I half smile to myself after another person just walked up to him.

"It feels like I am dating the most popular boy in school." I say and he chuckles.

"Well, lucky you." he says, closer to my ear, almost nibbling on my ear lobe.

"Stop it." I whisper, aware that a lot of people are probably looking at us....This is one of many PDAs he is splashing on me.

"Make me." he returns, his eyes sparkling with playfulness, and dropping down to look at my lips.

Someone clears their throat behind us, and we realize we have to move forward in the line.

"Saved by the bell." he utters and I smile and turn his head away from mine.

Looking around, my respect for Raina grows even more for what she has achieved in creating this great platform and community of people. Rome told me that charity work is the one thing she is passionate about and after spending the last three years doing volunteer work myself, I know how fulfilling it is.

We continue walking, this time with Rome's hands on my shoulders when a girl, probably about 16 years old walks up to us and points me in the direction of an eager group of teens taking selfies over their food.

"Can you please take some pictures with us?" She asks shyly.

"Me?" I ask, unable to hide my surprise.

"Yes." She mumbles, slightly bouncing on her feet and looking up at Rome, then at the people in front and behind us on the line before looking down shyly.

I place my hand on her shoulder.

"..Sure, why not." I quickly respond after recovering from my surprise.

One pic, turns to two, then three and the next thing I know, I am sitting down on the bench and having a little chat with them.

After exchanging names, I discover that most of them are from a foster home that Raina financially supports.....they on the other hand I realize are more interested in knowing more about Rome than me actually....how did we meet, how long have we been dating, who spoke to who first? What he is like etc...I smile at their teenage fixation, easily relating to it.