Chapter 25 - Crack Of Dawn

Roman wakes up at the crack of dawn even before his usual alarm goes off, his brain reacting to the habitual time he normally gets up for his morning runs, but noticing that Sienna is still asleep besides him, he curls an arm around her and goes back to sleep, snuggling into her back again. He wakes up the second time, his eyes opening widely as he shoots into a sitting position, then proceeds to take deep sigh of relief when he realizes that the last imagine in his head was just a dream.

It was just a dream, he repeats to himself as he lays back down.

A dream in which he was making love to Sienna in the comfort of a dark, cozy room, but somehow he found himself watching the whole scene from a third point of view, and then the light went on, revealing the fact that it isn't him who was with her after all, the man on top of Sienna suddenly put his hands around her neck in a choke-hold and looked up at him triumphantly, his eyes so dark and stormy that it rattled him out of the dream.

Still a bit fazed, he runs his fingers through his hair and glances at the clock.... it's only been an hour since he last woke up.

Slowly sinking back into the bed, he scowls at the dream he just had, every detail still very vivid and fresh in his mind, and cusses himself for becoming paranoid.

Unable to find sleep again, and unwilling to wake Sienna up,he stares into the silence.

Sienna stirs shortly after wards and wakes up from her slumber. As sleep leaves her tired eyes, she notices the light from outside at the corner of the window where the curtains meet signaling the break of dawn and start of a new day. Turning around on the bed, she finds herself facing Roman, who is lying on his back with his arm over his face.

She pops her pillow up comfortably and watches the gentle rise and fall of his chest as his breathes, the way the duvets covers only the bottom half of his body and smiles at the fact that his feet have been left exposed.

With so many things that seem to have changed about him, she finds comfort and familiarity in finding that some things have stayed the same after all, like the way he can't sleep too long with his feet covered otherwise he gets too hot and uncomfortable.

Assuming he is fast asleep, she raises herself up on her elbow and leans over to try to take a closer look at his side, her hair falling over his torso in light brushes in the process.

Rome grabs the back of her head and glides his fingers through her scalp to grab her hair and startling her in the process.

"You have X-ray vision now, What exactly are you expecting to see with your eyes? my bone structure?" he asks teasingly, finding her constant examination of his torso amusing because there is not much she can see with her bare eyes.

Sienna frowns and finds herself unable to pull too far away from the firm grip he has on her hair.

"How's the recovery going, are you in pain?" she asks.

The corner of his lips go up as he pulls her head closer.

"You're so sweet." he murmurs and kisses the tip of her nose and lips briefly, before burying his face in the crook of her neck, forcing her to take a more comfortable position on one side of him.

"Good morning" his hands slides down her neck and rubs her back.

"Morning." Sienna returns.

"Sleep well?"

"Yes.....no bad dreams or night tremors at all, right? " she says happily, but then becomes a bit unsure at the end.

"Right." Rome confirms, brushes her cheek with his thumb and wonders if he should tell her about his dream, the one he still remembers so vividly.