Chapter 12 - Chamber of Secrets (Part 3)

In silent prayers I pray
What words could never say
To reach into your heart no matter where you are
I promise we will find a way

To walk the road we've known
The road that leads us home
A million dreams i've dreamed in every one i've seen
The face of you and you alone

We know we can say we gave it all
for love
Each step of the way, we gave our soul

A lifetime goes by so fast
For the secrets that remain
Soon the future becomes the past
When I hold you again... I'm going to hold you forever.

*

A few minutes later, we end up pulling up at a home decor and furniture superstore

A few minutes later, we end up pulling up at a home decor and furniture superstore. Rome walks out of the car like a man on a mission, while I dutifully follow slightly behind him, not sure exactly what we are going to get from here.

A store hand walks up to us immediately we enter the store and offers to help.

"Yeah, we need to get a couple of things, a coffee maker to start." Roman utters and the man, Robby, according to his ID card, eagerly tells us to follow him.

Roman nods and takes my hand as we casually walk behind the very willing and avid store hand while he engages with him.

We get to an isle where he shows us a range of coffee makers to pick from and explains some of their differences and specifications.

"Which one do you want?" Roman asks me for the final decision.

"Ahh, this one looks pretty good." I pick a black one that seems simple enough.

"This one is the best though..I guarantee you." Robby suggests, bouncing off his feet eagerly, and pointing to a particular brand.

"And also, the most expensive." I shrug.

I mean, the guy is trying to sell stuff...of course he will go for the most expensive item.

"We will take that one then." Roman goes for his suggestion.

My shoulders sag. "Rome!"

"It's expensive for a reason.... quality is pricy." He says.

"Then why ask me if you are just going to overrule my decision."

"I hoped you would make a sensible choice, clearly, that was reaching.... plus, I wanted to make you feel included and important." He utters smugly.

I scoff.

"Lucky you are cute..." I mumble and try to turn around, but he spins me back around with his hand on my upper arm.

"You think I'm cute?"