near future

my shift came to an end at 1 P.M. i looked around for amber but she was gone already according to the registration so instead i left with sky who rushed out to meet me "hey K can we talk and hangout now" "yea i dont have a problem" "Okay then let's go" he said running ahead jumping in his car "get in come onnn" i just laughed getting in he drove down the street soon parking in a cafe we stepped out and went inside soon sitting on the balcony after ordering "so what did you want to ask" "oh well my fiance is coming back from her vocation from greece with her family and i need your help to pick out the perfect gifts for her" i looked around dumbfounded before asking "is everyone hiding the fact that they are married/ engaged at work or something" i asked confused "why do you ask that" "well i found out the boss is married now you" "the boss is marred??" "seee i didnt even know that you were getting married and what is it about you guys asking me to help with gifts" i say jokingly "oh louis kept talking about how you helped with his wedding and how all the gifts that he bought for her she loved it so i just decided that you could help me its nothing big if you dont" "no no i'll help tonight though i kinda have the gym to go so tonight that way the sun doesn't bother us" i say before sipping on my drink.

Later that night i got ready wearing a plaid skirt a white T and a funnel jacket  amber was still not home so i left a note before walking out i stood outside waiting on sky before receiving a call from amber "hey love whats up" "hey are you home right now" "no im actually leaving to help Sky  whats wrong" "nothing nothing i won't be coming home tonight though so dont stay up" "o-oka bu-" the call ended before i could finish i just placed my phone in my bag seeing sky's car in the distanced.... we drove around walking in malls and flower shops i picked out some products and clothes and even makeup items packing them in the car "thanks a lot K, now i just need to wrap them" "you can come over and i'll help amber won't be there anyway" "Oh sure then" he drove back to the house and we entered soon wrapping all the gifts together it was 12 A.M. when we finished "well thats everything im exhausted" i said plopping down on my couch him following "you can sleep here tonight since its already this late and you can collect your fiance too "thanks a lot again good night" "nighty night" i say entering my room instantly knocking out.

i woke up due to a knack on my door i rubbed my eye before opening it "yes" "oh morning K i just needed to tell you that i need to go and thanks a lot" "sure no problem bye" i say yawning as he turned to leave after he left  my bedroom door opened and i turned seeing amber at the door "oh hey ambby" "hi im back im going to get ready for my shift" "o-okay then" she walked away and i got up getting ready after she came out the shower i walked in and took a shower i walked in my room putting my clothes on and walking back downstairs amber was gone she didnt even eat the breakfast i made not even a note i just walked out heading to work. I walked in and amber was the first person i saw i walked up to her but my named was called out at the entrance, it was sky and another girl "hi sky" "hey babe this is the girl you are supposed to thank not me" "oh really it nothing i was just happy to help" "thank you for helping my fiance with choosing my gifts he would regularly spend without caring and happy you kept him in line" she said "oh youre welcome" she just smiled before kissing his cheek and walking out he just smiled also  walking away i just stood there looking around seeing louis and mika playing in a corner and josh walking with sofie and michael talking on the phone with someone , everyone seemed to be all coupled out and im the odd one out my mind then went back to lucas, after three whole months i thought of him and i felt useless again i just rolled my eyes walking away, at lunch everything was horrible everyone was talking to their significant others and amber was texting away blushing here and there "who you texting" i asked  out of boredom seeing her flinch and hide her phone "gosh what got you so grumpy and jumpy" mika  asked seeing her reaction 
"nothing i got to use the bathroom" she said walking away "keep on eye on her she's hiding something big" mika said before the bell rang, i just went throughout my day hoping for my day to end which it did. 

a couple months passed and Sky's wedding happened i attended and gave   a speech we all grew closer while amber and i grew apart she barely came home and we rarely spoke with each other at work i also got a promotion to being the head of the midwife's section and amber became a full time worker it was now coming close to winter and the place was already getting colder and i started watching amber with a closer eye according to mika she was seen hanging around with this guy that had dark skin i wanted to ask but didnt want to feel like a stalker. I was walking around the hospital on my way to the changing room to change, it was currently 10:45 P.M. i had just finished helping a woman give birth to a beautiful baby girl and after i checked on her making sure everything was alright it was time for me to leave, i changed and headed out after telling the others bye, i had taken up night shifts since the house got too quiet im so used to hearing amber shout on the phone and so used to lily being close to me and creating havoc now that i think about it the group chat had became silent over these past months, i strolled down the street heading to a restaurant to order dinner, i sat after ordering pulling out my phone and clicking on the groupchat i scrolled up seeing it has been seven months that i decided to come here i arrived in late june and it was now december wow i thought before texting; after getting my order and eating it while facetiming the group i ended the call walking to the bathroom i was looking on my phone when i bumped into someone i looked up seeing two familiar faces who stared back shocked.