1-10

return

front page

In the last days, I saved the earth by planting

turn off the lights

eye protection

traditional

big

middle

Small

Chapter 1 Viruses

previous chapterbookshelfTable of contentsbookmarknext chapter

    As of the 2020s, there have been five mass extinctions on Earth.

    The most serious mass extinction occurred at the end of the Permian period about 250 million years ago, resulting in the extinction of more than 95% of the earth's organisms.

    However, human beings who are familiar with the history of the earth have not stopped their pace of destroying the environment because of this, and the earth is already covered with bruises.

    ...

    A light rain fell at night, and the water droplets on the branches and grass tip were crystal clear.

    A pair of rain boots unceremoniously stepped on the green and pleasant grass, and then raised their feet, trampling all the way, leaving a string of footprints with spikes, and weeds lying in the mud puddles that could no longer hold their heads upright and bathe in the morning sun.

    Yan Xiaomi was carrying a basket of freshly picked water spinach, humming a song, walking briskly across the field ridges towards home, his eyes flashing past the green and golden rice fields in front of him, and the wide lake in the distance, full of various fruit trees I feel more comfortable on the small hillside, and I can't help but take a deep breath.

    "Cough, cough, cough...", caught off guard and coughing non-stop, finally calming down the chest discomfort, Yan Xiaomi wrinkled his nose like a puppy, poked his neck out and sniffed around, always feeling that there was a sudden smell in the air Weird smell.

    I can't tell what it smells like, but anyway, it makes people feel tight in the chest and a little uncomfortable.

    It's the beginning of July, and it's the best time of the year, and there's no smog, which is strange.

    As soon as I stepped into the yard, I heard the mobile phone charging on the TV cabinet in the living room beeping non-stop. I hurried into the house, but before I picked up the phone, the sound stopped.

    Picking it up and looking at it, I went out to pick a vegetable. There were more than 30 missed calls, all of which were from my brother who works in Shanghai. Could something have happened?

    Just as he was about to call back, the phone rang again, and he quickly tapped the small green phone icon to connect.

    "Hey! Brother, what's the matter?" Yan Xiaomi asked nervously.

    "Xiaomi, something serious has happened!!" Yan Liang hid in the rest room of the laboratory, covering his cell phone, and listened nervously to the loud banging sound coming from the door of the laboratory outside. After saying a word, he dared not Shout out.

    "Brother! What's the matter? Are you talking, what's wrong?" Yan Xiaomi shouted anxiously, but the person on the other end of the phone was holding the receiver tightly, holding his breath and daring not to speak.