† Tristan's party †

The day had passed way too quickly and suddenly it was seven o'clock in the evening, just in time to start opening the first beer

The day had passed way too quickly and suddenly it was seven o'clock in the evening, just in time to start opening the first beer. The song Breathe – Through Fire streamed from the speakers in the living room while Killian stood in front of the mirror in his bedroom, buttoning his black shirt.

Bree had seized the bathroom for almost an hour before she entered his bedroom with a towel wrapped around her body.

"I see someone's dressed up tonight," she said, leaning against the door frame.

Killian unfolded his sleeves and looked at her. "Yeah, you should get dressed too."

He remained watching her as she stood in silence and studied the room until she broke the silence by pulling up the incident from earlier.

"About that thing that happened earlier today. That was my first time... being touched," she said in a faint voice, shifting her gaze between him and the floor. "I just thought you should know."

She disappeared into the living room and began searching through her suitcase for clothes to wear to the party while Killian remained in the bedroom with shame and remorse for the mistake he made. During these two years, different girls had come and gone every other weekend, and the mistake this morning was out of habit. He had wondered many times why she never shared any intimate stories with him, as he had done with her but now, he began to understand why.

"What do you mean your first time?" he asked, fetching a beer from the fridge. "When you told me you kissed... what the hell was his name... Rob?"

"Ross," she said, picking up a dress from the pile of clothes she had made.

"Yeah, whatever. I thought you two had, you know... got to the third base or at least the second one," he said, swallowing a large sip of beer.

"Nope, we never got that far. I think his arm may have touched one of my breasts once, but that's all," she said, nodding in agreement with herself.

For a moment, Killian pulled his brows together and processed what she had just told him before taking another big sip of beer.

"Do you count as a virgin even if you used a dildo? I mean, I've still had something inside me, right?" she asked in the doorway to the bathroom as she was going to get dressed.

Killian swallowed the beer in the wrong place and started coughing like crazy while hitting himself on the chest.

"Are you okay?"

Killian nodded as he tried to get air back into his lungs. "Give me a second," he replied strained, clearing his throat.

"Okay, I'll get dressed in the meantime."

When Bree came out of the bathroom, he drew attention to the short dress that highlighted her breasts a little too much and the wavy hair that framed her face.