† Embraced by anxiety †

Killian had never felt as uncomfortable as he did the first day he came back to school, with everyone staring at him

Killian had never felt as uncomfortable as he did the first day he came back to school, with everyone staring at him. Students were whispering to each other, discreetly pointing and he could feel the judgmental looks he was getting from some of them. He tried not to care and walked into the classroom to take his seat at the back. Even in the classroom, they sat staring and whispering as he leaned back in his seat with his arms crossed over his chest.

He glanced at the empty seat next to him where Jolie used to sit and wondered how she was doing at the treatment center. Hopefully, she would be back at school next year as this term was almost over and summer break was approaching.

A blonde girl excused herself as she squeezed past his legs and sat down in the empty seat next to him. He sat up straight in his seat and kept his eyes on the teacher who entered the classroom with a stack of papers in her hands but felt the girl next to him glance at him. Slowly his gaze drifts over to her and he is met by a modest smile and blue eyes scanning his face before wandering over to the teacher. He had never seen her before, or had he? He wasn't sure, but she seemed to know who he was.

For the next hour, he could feel her eyes on him now and then, but he tried to just focus on what he was here for which was to survive the first day of school. He couldn't wait until his class was over and he could run over to Bree's side of the school to be with her during recess.

It had been a while since Killian had told Bree his deepest secrets and even though she had forgiven him, she was still scarred by it. He always tried to avoid mentioning certain things that were a reminder of Hazel and the baby she was carrying, but sometimes he forgot, and an argument broke out. It was tough for him and sometimes it felt like he was tiptoeing around her, but he did it out of love for her, so that she wouldn't get more hurt than she already was because of him.

He had also avoided Hazel, just like he had promised her, but it didn't feel right for him to leave Hazel alone in a difficult situation like this. She probably wasn't feeling too well either and Killian couldn't deny that he would have liked to know more about the guy she was with after him. Could he be the father? Why didn't she tell him that she was trying to get over someone, he thought, but that might explain why he saw so many different men with her.

The lesson was over, and everyone started to rush to the door as usual. Killian got up from his seat and slowly started walking towards the door with the girl right behind him. She came closer and almost walked beside him. What does she want from him, he thought, glancing over his shoulder at her. He heard her say his name and asked if he remembered her. Killian stopped and turned to her where she stood with the same modest smile as earlier.

No, he didn't remember her. At least not on a straight arm. Killian shook his head, and she began to explain that they had previously met at Gina's place and had sex a couple of times. He could feel the color drain from his face and his heart raced in anticipation of the words. I am pregnant.