† Wrestling in Bed †

Killian slowly opened his eyes and examined the room without moving

Killian slowly opened his eyes and examined the room without moving. He was at home in his bed and had no clear memory of what time they got home last night. He glanced to the side of him and saw Bree lying in a thong and the same t-shirt she wore yesterday. How much did they drink last night at MAYA, he thought, taking the duvet to cover her butt cheeks. He didn't even remember how she ended up in bed next to him in the first place.

He put an arm under his head while scratching himself with the other on his chest. He yawned and watched Bree remove the duvet again. The room felt warm, too warm to use the duvet and he was too lazy to get out of bed to turn on the fan.

He rubbed his hand over his face and felt Bree move closer to him. He glanced at her again and remembered how he used to put toothpaste on her finger and tickle her in different places on her face, so she smeared toothpaste all over herself. They were around eight, maybe nine at the time.

He ran his finger along her nose, causing her to wave his hand away. He chuckled and ran his finger across her forehead, causing her to lift her head off the pillow with squinting eyes.

"Do you have to be a pain in the ass after last night?" she murmured, putting her head down again.

He lay down on his left side and took his arm to support his head. "Me?" he said, watching her lips form a grin.

Flashback to last night...

"Bree, just a joint, okay? I promise we'll leave right after," he said, using his eyes to persuade her, which he knew she had a soft spot for.

"Don't try to persuade me. This is not you. I know you better than anyone here and I want us to go home now!" she said, glaring at him.

Killian clenches his jaw and exhales with a soft nod. "I'm sorry Tristan, but I have to go. We'll take that joint another time," he said as he got up from the couch.

Tristan, who had seen the whole scene, laughed and nodded. "I see, it's hard to say no to a woman who has a soft spot in you. It's all good, I'll see you in school on Monday," Tristan said, grabbing a bottle of vodka from the table.

Killian looked towards Jolie who stared back at him irritably. "I'll call you tomorrow," he said, watching her roll her eyes and turn her gaze to a girl standing next to her.

He attempted to kiss her, but she immediately pulled her head away from him. He didn't say anything or make a big deal of it but left the patio with Bree, who walked with determined steps across the lawn towards the main street. He couldn't blame Bree for feeling uncomfortable in that environment because she wasn't used to it. The parties back home in Nevada weren't even close to the parties here, he thought and tucked his hands into his pockets.

"Aren't you going to talk to me?" he asks as she walks in front of him on the street home. "I know you think I'm into drugs and shit, but here in California, everybody smokes. I don't even think it counts as a drug. So, stop being mad at me, I'm the same guy as I used to be Bree."