† She was gone †

"Kills, wake up!" said Tristan, shaking him to wake up

Killian opens his eyes and looks around in confusion with blurred vision, finding that he is lying naked on the floor. How had he ended up here and why was he naked, he thought, trying to get up off the floor with help from Tristan.

"Damn, you were so fucking high yesterday that I was afraid you'd have to go to the hospital, but Jolie said you were fine and just needed to sleep," Tristan said, grabbing a clean t-shirt from the closet as he was freshly showered.

"What time is it?" asks Killian, putting his boxers on along with his jeans.

"Around twelve," Tristan said, and Killian dug into his jeans for his phone to call Bree.

He can't even imagine how angry and worried she must be at him at this moment, and to his surprise, he comes to voicemail. He tried calling her again, but still only voicemail.

"Shit, I have to go," Killian told Tristan while searching for his t-shirt that seemed to have disappeared. "Fuck, have you seen my t-shirt?"

Tristan laughed amused at him and began to style his hair by the mirror on the wall.

"Don't you remember taking it off on the patio last night? Damn, Kills, you were so fucking stoned yesterday."

"Thanks for reminding me," Killian muttered, annoyed at himself that he let it go too far last night.

He could have settled for one joint, but as it is now, he doesn't even remember how much he smoked yesterday. His head was pounding and even though he was rinsing his face with cold water in the bathroom, his vision still felt blurry.

He went downstairs and saw Marissa in the kitchen as he passed the doorway to retrieve his t-shirt from the patio. While he was standing outside, he picked up the pack of cigarettes from his pocket and lit one while trying to call Bree again. Voice mail.

"Shit," he said loudly, hearing footsteps from behind approaching him.

"Coffee?" he heard Marissa ask and he turned to face her.

"Thanks," he replied briefly, accepting the mug of hot black coffee.

"You got pretty high yesterday. How do you feel today?"

"Like a truck has run over me and I try to call Bree but just get to voicemail," he said with a heavy sigh, sipping a mouthful of coffee. "She's probably furious that I didn't come home last night."

Marissa nodded softly at him and joined him by lighting a cigarette. The sun-kissed his back, and the wind was blowing nicely, a perfect day for him to take Bree to the beach, he thought and drank another mouthful of coffee. After she forgave him, of course.

"Um— do you remember anything from yesterday?" she asks, seeking his gaze that's wandering around.

"I remember we all sat together on the couch, smoking, talking, listening to music... Isaac and Jolie discussed women's rights in society and that women deserve higher wages... After that, it's pitch black."