Chapter 3: Oh That

Edited ☑️

"Tyler?"

"Tyler?"

"Tyler?"

"Stop ignoring me, I'm bored." I whine, letting go of the past only because I'm completely and utterly bored and I hate when I'm bored.

He stares blankly ahead, still continuing to ignore me, causing me to pout slightly in result.

Suddenly I smile widely when I realize what I could do.

"What do you mean! Oooh. When you nod your head yes. But you wanna say n-."

"Jesus Christ! I didn't know someone could sound so bad!" He groans/yells, wincing at my voice that was slightly cracking while I was singing.

"You talked to me!" I shout, ignoring his insults and grinning happily.

He sighs and lets his shoulder drop, shaking his head out of annoyance.

He secretly loves me.

"Okay but really, the silent treatment, you think I deserve that? Seeing as we are the only two people in here."

He gapes at me, staring at me like I've gone completely mental.

"You hit me with a chair." He deadpans, narrowing his eyes together and leaning back into his own plastic chair.

I scoff, finding his reasoning absolutely ridiculous.

"You called my mom a slut."

"She is."

"You don't even know what happened."

"I don't need to, she got knocked up when she fifteen, she's a slut."

"I didn't know rape victims were sluts, my bad."

Silence hangs heavily on my shoulders, weighing them down to the point where it feels hard to breathe.

I can't believe I just said that.

"I'm sorry."

Tyler keeps his eyes on his shoes, his words barely coming out into a whisper.

"It's whatever."
___________________________________
I rub my right eye with my sleeve as I force my legs to keep moving towards my house.

Those kids tired me out, as if I wasn't already tired waking up so early on a Saturday.

After the lady came in and inspected the place, we were lead to the place where they kept the kids.

Some had mental disorders. Some had cancer. Some didn't have arms or legs.

But Tyler treated them like each and every one of them was his little sibling.

He was a different person around the kids.

His smile was genuine and he made sure everyone was having the time of their lives.

Because tomorrow they might not have one anymore.

He was showing the girl in the wheelchair how to do a wheelie.