Chapter 30: Dad's

Edited ☑️

gif of emma :)

"What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck."

"Emma, calm down-."

"What the fUck."

Tyler frowns as we make eye contact when I finally stop pacing around the small bathroom we're both enclosed in. When I saw my mom, I stared at her for about two minutes while everyone else was waiting for my reaction. I then pushed past her and found the closest room, this bathroom, and locked myself inside. Tyler came only a few seconds later and forced me to open the door so now we're both locked in here.

"Babe I know-."

"No Ty, you don't. You don't know how I could possibly feel right now, I don't even know how I feel. So please don't try to sympathize or anything, I just really want to keep saying what the fuck over and over again until it makes things better."

He doesn't say anything as I sit down gently on the edge of the bathtub, wondering when my life got so complicated.

"What if they were always lying to me, Ty?" He sits down next to me with a sigh. "I've been kept in the dark for who knows how long am I suppose to not be hurt by this?"

"I'm pretty sure it wasn't their intent to hurt you-."

"Does it matter?" I let out a sigh of frustration and run a hand through my hair. "I'm still hurt."

"I know." The conversation falls silent from there and Tyler wraps his arm around me which I gladly take the opportunity to lean against him.

"But they're your family, and they love you. You can at least hear them out." Deep down I knew I was always going to go back and let them explain. I just needed time to think I guess.

I still don't feel that much better about the situation though.

"Okay, lets go." I breathe out, standing to my feet as Tyler gets up with me. He grasps my hand as we walk out, squeezing lightly before letting go as we reach the living room.

Four heads look up at me but I'm only concerned about one. My jaws drops slightly when we make eye contact and his eyes widen before he stands.

"Emma..." He trials off and I'm assuming it's because he doesn't know what to say.

I don't say anything, just step forward enough so that the distance between us disappears. My arms wrap around his stomach and he hugs me back instantly. I feel like a little kid hugging him like this but I don't care. This feels like a dream.

We stand there for a few seconds, the world quiet around us like it's only the two of us even though I know that's not true.

We pull away after a few more seconds and I only now realize that my eyes are tearing up. He opens his mouth to say something but closes it again and I shake my head, trying to tell him he doesn't have to say anything.

I turn away so I can sit down since my exhaustion hit so hard right about now. Tyler has a spot free next to him so I collapse down beside him, leaning against his side to support myself and he lets me.

Spencer sits down next to our mom while the boys are sitting on the side of Tyler I'm not occupying.

"Okay, what the hell is going on." Brandon breaks the silence and Carter elbows him in the stomach. "Ow! What? Nobody's saying anything and I'm hungry."

Carter rolls his eyes before throwing me a sorry expression. I wave it off signaling that it's fine.

"I'll start." My mom speaks up, looking straight at me but I can't hold eye contact for long.