Chapter 6: Too Scary

Edited ☑️

A high pitched scream fills the air.

Another one follows quickly, like the person just ran out of breathe and wasn't done screaming.

"Brandon! Stop screaming at the damn movie!" I yell, throwing popcorn at him, not be able to concentrate with all the flinching he was causing me to do since he was literally screaming in my ear.

Carter shakes his head at him while Tyler scoffs as Brandon throws us a sheepishly smile.

"It's scary." He says somewhat quietly, shrinking down into the couch leaning into Carter as his eyes never leave the screen.

I snort before leaning over and grabbing a handful of popcorn from the bucket Tyler is holding.

"Come on man, even Emma isn't scared of the movie. And she hates loud noises." Carter says to Brandon in disbelief since all the boys know I hate yelling and other loud noises like that.

I nod in agreement as the couple gets killed first, the movie showing them getting murdered and not the person doing it.

Brandon whimpers and covers his eyes by using Carter's shoulder, Carter not even trying to move away from him, like he's used to this stuff by now.

"Too scary." He mutters, his words slightly muffled because of Carter's shoulder.

I smile at that, slightly amused but not enough to laugh.

"Turn it off." Brandon says after that, still refusing to look back at the movie.

I roll my eyes, feigning annoyance but not really caring before making eye contact with each of the boys.

They shrug their shoulders in response to my silent question making me sigh before turning the TV off.

Since the TV was the only light source for us, the living room gets completely dark which someone yelps in response to.

I hear a couple of thuds and a whole lot of cursing before the living room erupts with light once again.

Making the mistake of looking where the scream came from, laughter immediately wells up in my throat and I force myself to keep it down.

Brandon, seeming to have done this when the lights were out, is sitting in Tyler's lap, his hands laced around Tyler's neck as he looks around terrified.

I set the popcorn on the couch to keep myself distracted so I don't laugh.

"Get. Off. Me." Tyler speaks slowly, his jaw clenched tightly once he finishes.

Brandon gulps loudly before quickly getting off of him and sitting on the floor.

I make the mistake of looking over at Carter which he wiggles his eyebrows at me in response, which naturally causes me to burst out laughing.

Tyler takes his annoyance off of Brandon and turns his gaze towards me.

"Oh, you think this is funny?"

I quickly shake my head, scooting a little away from him as he stares down at me.

He scoots closer to me in response to me scooting away before speaking. "I think you do."