Chapter 9: Charmer

Edited ☑️

Picture of Emma's dress

"I'm not coming out."

"Come on Emma, get out." Tracy sighs, ignoring my statement like I wasn't telling the truth.

"You can see parts of me that I didn't even know existed." I whine, continuing to look at myself in the mirror.

"Come out." She demands as I hear her stepping closer to the bathroom.

I sigh before opening the door and stepping out with the purple high heels she lent me on. 

Tracy gapes at me, looking me up and down with wide excited eyes.

"You look so pretty!" She suddenly squeals, smiling widely and getting me to twirl around.

"Really?" I ask uncertainly, tucking a piece of hair behind my right ear.

She rolls her eyes at me, seeming to think my question was unnecessary.

"Of course! If I liked girls I would be all over you." She claims, starting to pack her makeup as she talks.

I smile at that and shake my head at her statement, looking down at my feet.

"Thanks for this, by the way."

"No problem, anything for a friend."

I pick up my phone and look at the screen saver of Phil Lester, smiling slightly down at it before the smile disappears.

"Yeah, friends. Look, Tracy you're really nice and I'm so thankful that you did this but I'm not really looking for a friend right now. I'm not staying long and it would be better if we just didn't try."

"Oh come on, you only live once right?" She asks as she turns around, smiling slightly even though I wasn't doing anything that resembles a smile.

"We aren't friends. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that we could ever be friends but I don't want to be your friend nor will I ever change my mind." I say firmly to get her off my back, but inside I was trying not to punch myself.

She clears her throat awkwardly with a blank face before turning back around and finishing her packing.

"Oh, alright. I should probably go. Good luck on your date."

"Thanks."

I move away from the door as she walks past me to leave before she suddenly stops and turns towards me.

"Having a friend isn't a bad thing you know? If there is something bad happening, I'll help you. Friends or not."

She walks out of the room without an answer from me, leaving me shocked and regretful.

I sit on my bed and put my head in my hands, feeling like an absolute shit-head.

It was for the best. If only she knew what's really going on.
___________________________________
When I open the door, Marcus stands there in a black suit with his hands in his pockets.

How fucking hot.

Wait what.

I tuck a piece of hair behind my hair nervously, smiling slightly as I look up at him.