Chapter 8: Boy Issues

Edited ☑️

gif of Emma later in the chapter

"Oh ha ha you're hilarious."

Tyler smirks at me as he leans on the locker next to mine.

I'm stopping at my locker to get my lunch money since lunch is after next period and Tyler decided to tag along.

I would've said no if I knew he was going to harass me.

"I'm just saying, no need for the sarcasm."

"What are you guys talking about, and why is there no need for sarcasm?" Brandon asks as he walks up to us, holding his backpack over his shoulder instead of using a locker.

"Emma's boy issues." Tyler answers instead of me, causing me to roll my eyes at the idea of me having boy issues.

"Not true. I don't have boy issues. I have no boys." I deny, slamming my locker shut after I finish talking.

Brandon smirks down at me before looking over at Tyler and beginning to talk.

"What are her boy issues?" He asks the question I was hoping he wouldn't, making me slam my head against my locker lightly.

"She's never had a boyfriend." Tyler answers, making Brandon's jaw drop in disbelief which I find weird.

"Why not?" He asks, turning to look at me expecting me to answer.

"Not really worth my time." I shrug, referring to something they don't know about.

Brandon rolls his eyes at my answer, clearly not buying it.

"Excuses, excuses. I'm setting you up."

Before I could protest, he suddenly turns around, scans the crowd, and points at a random boy.

"YOU!" He yells before running over to the boy to which the boy starts to run away from him, obviously.

I groan in frustration and once again smack my head against my locker.

"Lord so help me." I sigh, causing Tyler to laugh before I hit him on the shoulder making him pout at me.

"I'm so done with you, Ty."
___________________________________
I pull out my lunch money as I walk into the lunch line before grabbing a tray and beginning to pick my food.

I finish picking my food and am about to pay when someone slaps their money before me, scaring the shit out of me.

I follow the hand up to the guys face and furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Um, do I know you?" I ask as the cafeteria lady takes his money before I could do something about it.

"Name's Marcus, I'm guessing Brandon hasn't told you yet."

"Nope." I answer, grabbing my tray and we begin to past the tables until I stop at one.

"Well he will, but you're welcome for the lunch."