Chapter 4: Tyler's Girlfriend

Edited ☑️

I've never hated a sound so much as how I hate my alarm clock.

Groaning loudly, I reach my hand up and fold it into a fist before bringing it down on the snooze button, hard.

I sigh in relief and exhaustion before snuggling against my bed.

"Emma, wake your lazy ass up!" My uncle yells as he enters my room, hearing my alarm clock and guessing that I ignored it.

His loud voice surprises me, causing me to jump up and fall off the bed, hitting my head on the mattress, delayed pain shooting across my scull.

My uncle holds out his hand and I huff out of frustration before grabbing his hand and letting him pull me to my feet.

He leaves my room as I gather my clothes for today and grabbing my phone, before leaving my room as well and walking into the bathroom.

After dropping my clothes on the floor, I open the cabinet and take out a bottle of Advil before opening it up and placing two pills onto the palm of my hand.

I quickly place them into my mouth before getting one to the little plastic cups from under the sink and fill it with water.

I drown the pills and eventually swallow them, wincing slightly because I hate taking pills.

Shaking my head slightly, I close the bathroom door and start the shower, letting it get warm before I enter.

I take my phone from my pocket and hook the Bluetooth up to my speaker, deciding which song to play.

After choosing a song, I start it before stripping and climbing into the shower.

The song drifts from the counter to my ears, slightly muffled because of the shower glass door.

Song: VooDoo Doll by 5 Seconds of Summer

I don't even like you,
Why'd you want to go and make me feel this way? (What?)
And I don't understand what's happened,
I keep saying things I never say.

I sigh out of pleasure of the warm water hitting my back as I begin to think about the lost boys.

I can feel you watching even when you're nowhere to be seen,
I can feel you touching even when you're far away from me.

I don't see what's so special about that. They're literally just three boys who fight anyone who crosses them.

Sounds pretty immature if you ask me.

Tell me where you're hiding your voodoo doll 'cause I can't control myself,
I don't wanna stay, I wanna run away but

Beginning to shampoo my hair, the events from two days ago in Friday reach my mind once again.

I'm trapped under your spell.
And it hurts in my head and my heart and my chest,
And I'm having trouble catching my breath.