Chapter 25: End Of Story

no this is not the last chapter

gif of emma :)

Warning: this chapter has some triggering events in it, reader discretion is advised

"Even after the first encounter, I kept doing jobs for them."

The boys eat around me as I continue the story but I don't have the appetite. I was glad for the distraction when the waiter brought the food but now it's time to come clean.

"Like I said, we needed the money desperately. One night the leader asked me to come down to the house that they all lived in. I said no, at least I wasn't that dumb. But then he said he would give me a thousand dollars for this next job but I have to come to the house. I knew I shouldn't go. I went."

I shift in my seat, looking back at the window to avoid the eyes staring at me but it doesn't help. I know they're watching.

"There were six of them. They smiled as I walked in and there were about ten other girls so I thought maybe I was safe. It didn't occur to me that it was strange that there were so many girls, I just felt relieved when I saw them there too. It was going okay. Stuff I thought they would have me do. Rolling blunts, packaging up drugs, making lists of regulars, all that. Then, one of the guys who was helping grabbed my ass. I turned around and punched him and then all hell broke loose."

I close my eyes tight and let out a shaky breathe as memories of that day erupt in my mind. Tears threaten to fall as I attempt to push away the moment but it doesn't work. I can still imagine how it felt.

Tyler grabs my hand and squeezes it and I open my watery eyes. He leans closer to me and I'm surprised by how comforting that is.

It doesn't stop the memories though.

September 27th, 2016
01:34 AM

The guy next to me was struggling bad. It's almost like it was his first day but I know he was here before me. I watch out of the corner of my eye as he curses after he drops his blunt again.

He bits his lip out of frustration and the look of angry on his face makes my skin crawl.

"Here." I speak in attempt to calm him down, taking the blunt out of his hand and rolling it for him. This causes me to move closer to him and his arm brushes against mine as I finish it off.

I smile lightly as I hand it back to him and he returns it, grabbing it from my fingers.

"Thanks." His deep voice sounds in the air and I turn back to my own, hoping that we won't have to talk for the remainder of the time.

Suddenly I feel a uncomfortable pressure on my butt and I flinch automatically. My jaw drops slightly as I turn around fast, narrowing my eyes at the guy I helped. He smirks down at me and my jaw clenches.

He opens his mouth to say something but the act of me bringing my fist up and satisfyingly hitting it against his nose cuts him off.

He curses once again, stumbling back out of shock and gripping his nose, moaning in pain. I cross my arms and glare at him when he looks back up. The look in his eyes makes my heart drop and I take a step back subconsciously.

I flinch again when an arm grabs my own, pulling me to the person and I can't think straight as I hit someone's chest.

Suddenly there's more hands on me and I start to panic as one moves close to an area it shouldn't be.