Chapter 10: You-I-We-What?

Edited ☑️

gif of Tyler because it's cute :))

I see Tyler from across the street and walk up to him, smiling shyly.

Tyler looks me up and down seeing as I'm still wearing a dress and makeup, and I blush fiercely.

"I forgot your date was tonight." He finally says sheepishly, smiling slightly.

"It's good. You texted when it ended, good timing."

Tyler shrugs before looking away and staring at the sky, seeming troubled.

"Whats up?" I ask, stepping forward in attempts to comfort him.

"I just need a break. Know somewhere we can go?"

I smile excitedly, haven't been there in a long time and glad I get to go.

"I know a place."
___________________________________
"An Oreo cafe. They seriously have an Oreo cafe in the world?"

I laugh before nodding, getting out of the car and leading him to the cafe.

He opens the door for me and I thank him before stepping in with him behind me.

I breathe in the delicious smell as Tyler steps up next to me, looking around the cafe.

"I can't believe this is a thing." He speaks in disbelief making me smile, glad that he is already blown away.

"Oh it's a thing all right." I continue to smile before walking to the counter, already knowing who's working tonight.

"Hey Megan! I yell bubbly, happy to see her since it's been a while.

A girl with black hair and snake bites appears from the back, smiling as she wipes her hands dry.

"Emma!" She cries, using the same tone as me before walking out from the counter and hugging me tight.

I softly put my arms around her waist and hug her back, not as tight though since I don't see the need.

"So good to see you again. I haven't seen you since, well...you know." Megan says when she pulls away, trailing off at the end of her sentence.

"Yeah." I reply to her, my shoulder slumping at the mention of him.

"And now look at us, seniors. We're so old." She teases, continuing on with her small talk, making me smile.

"Now don't be a stranger, go seat down and I'll serve you." She says before walking away and back behind the counter where she greets another person.

I smile before grabbing Tyler's arm and pulling him to the booth where we sit across from each other.

"Who was that?" Tyler asks, furrowing his eyebrows as he looks at her.

"She d-used to date my friend." I stutter, accidentally messing up my sentence.

Tyler raising his eyebrows but doesn't mention my mistake.