Chapter 27: Scars

Edited ☑️

gif of carter+marcus my lil heart :,)

warning: slight sexual content and intense mentions of abuse, reader discretion is advised

Carter's P.O.V

Brandon and I watch as Emma walks over for a moment before deciding to follow suit. We were not missing this show.

Plus someone has to keep her from killing that girl and Tyler alone isn't going to be enough.

By the time we reach them, Emma is crossing her arms with a glare shooting from her eyes and Jamie frowns as she glances at all over us before settling back to Emma.

"Emm-."

"No, Ty. I'm over this." She cuts Tyler off, raising her hand to signal him to shut up and he does, letting her take the lead.

"We're kind of in the middle of something so can you-." Jamie cuts herself off, throwing Emma a look that I can't read but I can tell Emma can because she clenches her jaw.

"I don't care what you think y'all are 'in the middle of' but I'm here to clarify something. Tyler is mine. Not yours. Mine. He likes me. Not you. Me. And he's my boyfriend. Not yours. Mine. And I'm tired of standing around and letting you act like y'all still have something because you don't. Tyler got over you a long time ago and you need to back up because I'm about done with your obsession over my boyfriend."

My eyes grow wide as Emma continues and we all fall into an awkward silence after she's finished. She catches her breathe, continuing to narrow her eyes at the shocked Jamie standing across from her.

"Ty? Is that true?" Jamie turns to my emotionless best friend with bewildered eyes and he stares at her with slight hesitation.

"Yeah. Sorry but, we were over the moment you cheated on me." He deadpans, reaching over and taking Emma's hand and she visibly relaxes, seeming glad that he's taking over for her.

"But baby-."

"-Dude!" Emma cuts her off, throwing her a look that I also can't read- jeez am I just bad at reading women? Jamie closes her lips and stares at the couple with a distasteful look.

"One day you'll realize the mistake you made." Jamie spits at Tyler before turning on her heels and beginning to walk away putting more effort in her hips than needed.

"Girl not with those clothes he will! What the hell are you wearing today a garbage bag?" Brandon yells at her making me laugh out loud, and her jaw drops slightly as she stops on the spot.

"Run." Emma squeals and we take off, not wanting to hear the sound of her voice again. We head for the library, leaving our uneaten food on the table and deciding that lunch was a bad idea.

But as soon as we arrived, Emma and Tyler trailed off to somewhere that probably is going to need to be cleaned after and Brandon spotted Tracy. He was reluctant to leave but when I threatened to punch him he managed to stumble over to her.

So that leaves me by myself as I absentmindedly walk through the rows of books. Seeing as I am someone who doesn't read, you can pretty much assume I'm bored as hell. I've managed to zone out completely and that leads to me tripping on my own feet and landing on top of someone.

"Shit! I'm sorry." I frown, opening my eyes and attempting to climb off the person I've squished. The deep sound of a laugh makes me freeze and I almost shit myself when I recognize it.

"We gotta stop doing this." Marcus speaks amusingly, his eyes sparkling when mine make contact with his and I blush slightly. His arms wrap around my waist to steady me and I almost faint at the action. I glance at the fallen book he was seemingly reading and notice the beanbag he's laying on. What's with this dude and beanbags?