Chapter 12: Pretty Pink

Edited ☑️

I try to wipe my tears away as the sound of an engine comes up next to me.

Clearing my throat, my head lifts from my knees once the leftover tears are gone and I smile slightly as Brandon gets to me first.

"AH! Who did to my loving friend? Who? I'll get them. I swear on my pretty pink-."

"-Dick."

"Shut up, Tyler." Brandon whines when Tyler cuts him off, glaring at the boy.

Tyler laughs before looking down at me, changing his laugh to a slight smile.

"Hey, love. You okay?" He asks, the pet-name shoving shivers down my spine.

I nod as Brandon helps me to my feet, smiling gratefully that the boys are with me now. 

Carter pulls down on his beanie before smiling at me and the boys walk with me back to Tyler's car.

Tyler and Carter climb into the front and Brandon stays with me in the back, letting me lay my head on his shoulder and close my eyes to the emotional pain that is swimming inside me.

"It's okay, Emma. You can cry."

"Yeah we may be dudes, but we're emotional dudes."

"Shut the fuck up Brandon."

"Bite me Tyler."

"Tyler, eyes on the road!"

"Oh my god, we're all gonna die."

I smile at Brandon's squeal, my eyes still closed, and soon I'm drifting into sleep I didn't even want.
___________________________________
"Come on Emma!"

The little girl giggles as the boy picks her up, not being much younger than him but still younger.

She lays his head on her shoulder and bumps up and down as he walks back to the car.

His small smile disappears when he notices the black car parked a little ways from his and he practically speed-walks the rest of the way to his car.

He places the girl on the back seat and straps her in, knowing it's illegal to let her sit in the passenger seat even though he would love if she could.

But he's scared. He won't let anyone take her away from him and he'll be damned if he messes this all up.

The black car follows his as he pulls out of the parking spot and glances at the little girl in the back.

"Emma, we're going on a field trip." He speaks calmly, knowing it's gonna make her happy.

"Yay!" She squeals, clapping her hands together and smiling widely.

If only she knew.
___________________________________
"Is she alive?"

"She's just sleeping moron."

I try to force myself back to sleep but the voices keep me awake and I realize it's the boys.

"What do you think happened to her?" Brandon asks out of the blue making me more awake then ever, now that I can recognize their voices.