Chapter 23: Moose Heaven

Edited ☑️

gif of Emma and Tyler !! (just imagine her hair is brown instead)

"I will seriously crash this fucking car if y'all don't shut up."

"I thought you could drive?" Carter asks, leaning closer to me from the backseat, giving me a small amount of anxiety.

"I can! I have my license and everything. But I get anxious when I have to drive so many people and they're all distracting me!" I growl, glaring at each of them for a second before moving my eyes back to the road.

Tyler chuckles at that from my right and I scowl at him. He smiles sheepishly before placing his hand on my thigh and I almost swerve into the next lane.

"Tyler!"

"What?" He acts innocently as his hand inching higher which makes me glance at the boys in the backseat. I'm relieved when I realize they're oblivious to what's happening.

"You can't do that when I'm driving." I speak through clenched teeth, moving his hand when we reach a red light.

"But that's no fun." He pouts, attempting to put his hand back where it was but I smack it lightly.

"Stop it."

"You wounded me."

"Boo hoo."

"You should kiss it better."

"You should shut up."

"You missed the exit."

"Fuck!"

Brandon laughs from the back and I have to stop myself from turning around and hitting the shit out of him. I don't appreciate that the boys see my stress as a funny thing, I'm seriously freaking out here.

I don't even know why I agreed to go somewhere else for the weekend. It's not like we're on holiday or anything, we literally have school in two days and I have a load of homework I should be doing. And yet here I am, driving out to a campsite so I can get annoyed by this idiots further. I must have lost my mind somewhere back when Tyler kissed me. I haven't been able to think rationally since.

Tyler proceeds to tell me where to take a U-turn and I pray that no cops show up because this is incredibly illegal. After much struggle we do manage to take the exit I missed and I relax in my seat a bit.

"I hate the freeway." I grumble to nobody in particular, tightening my grip around the wheel as I turn a sharp corner.

"Yeah you mentioned it like ten million times." Tyler teases me, resulting in me hitting him quickly on the shoulder before returning my hand to the wheel.

"Okay where do I go from here?" I ask Tyler seeing as he has the directions. Have I mentioned I have no idea where this campsite is? Don't ask why I'm the one driving because I have no idea.

"Take a right at the next stop sign, keep going straight and we'll get there soon."

I nod at his words absentmindedly, scanning my eyes for an upcoming stop sign. We have some short banter the rest of the way over, basically the same old teasing we always do. By the time we get there I'm threatening to run Carter's head over. 

Ever since we got back from the trip to get him, he's been back to normal. There are short moments where it feels like maybe he's slipping away again, but it never lasts long.

I know it's not my place to get involved, plus Brandon seems to have it under control.

The boys smile at each other as we climb out of the car and I can tell that they've done this before.