Chapter 22: Kissing Boys

Edited ☑️

gif of carter !!

*UPDATE I AM CHANGING MARCUS'S CHARACTER TO- DRUM ROLL PLEASE- HARRY STYLES YAY

(this does not make this a book a 1D fanfic, and if I see any comments about it I will delete them)

Carter's P.O.V

"Uh, get off of me!"

The black headed boy slides off but keeps a hand on my arm to prevent me from leaving. I glare at him and watch as he nervously avoids my eyes.

I can't believe I was stupid enough to stay here, I should've just got a motel. I could have afforded it too with my dad's money but no I had to choose an abandoned warehouse that was not so abandoned. How did I know that Emma's ex-fling owned this place, talk about a plot twist. It doesn't help that he's as adorable as a kitten, with his innocence and cheerful behavior.

When he found me I didn't realize who he was at first and that was my mistake. I could've ran while he was confused but I'm so stupid that I furrowed my eyebrows and asked what the hell he was doing here. I can only guess that he called the others and they're on their way, which freaks me out the most. I ran away for a reason and now he's forcing me to stay here while that reason gets closer and closer.

"Why can't you let me leave?"

"Why do you wanna leave so bad?" He tilts his head slightly like a dog and I can't deny that it's the cutest thing I've ever seen but instead I glare. I don't have to explain anything to him.

"If I don't want to see them than I shouldn't have to." I grumble, taking my eyes away from his and moving my gaze to the floor.

"Brandon is going crazy. I don't know what happened between you too but he really needs to talk to you. And I know you miss him too, you must be he's your best friend."

I frown at the mention of his name, the boy I've been thinking of like crazy and yet the thought of seeing him makes me want to throw up.

Marcus gives me a weird look, suddenly standing straighter. "Or not."

"What's that suppose to mean?" I snap at him, not liking the tone he just had.

He shrugs, avoiding my eyes because I can tell I still make him nervous. "You just didn't look so happy when I mentioned Brandon."

I freeze at his words, wondering how he could tell so much about me from just my expression. He leaves it alone when I don't reply and instead busies himself by grabbing the three beanbag chairs and pushing them together.

I give up trying to escape, it's pretty clear that he won't let me leave and to be honest, I know I have to face Brandon. I just don't want too.

"Why did you even come back?" I question him after I flop back onto the bed, watching as he lays on the beanbags.