Omen

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or anything related to it except for my OC and unrelated plots in this. I also do not own any pictures.

______________________________________________________________________________

Having woken up before Law, Shiki silently slipped out of his room without sparring a glance at him, there was still about an hour before breakfast started so Shiki continued her walk from before, using her haki to sense if someone was up.

She ended up going to the Control Room, peeking her head inside, she found Jambarl steering the wheel in a relaxed manner.

"Shiki, what are you doing up so early?" Jambarl questioned when he noticed she was standing by the door from the corner of his eyes.

Shiki let her eye wonder to the large display of fishes just outside the large glass display behind the controls. Many colourful fishes swam by in different sizes and species, one of them looked like a bear with whiskers and a fish body.

She should come here more often, being underwater had many pretty colours.

Having forgotten the question she was asked, she turned to Jambarl with her own, "Are you hungry?"

Not sure why the sudden question, Jambarl casually shrugged his shoulders, "I wouldn't mind eating now."

Nodding, she disappeared behind the door, giving the blur of colours made of shiny fish scales one last glance.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Taking out one large chunk of the Sea King meat they had stored in the fridge, Shiki stared at the raw meat, that was larger than her head, in her hands. She didn't know how to cut it, she didn't bring her scythe with her-wait, was she even supposed to cut it?

Plus, the last time she was about to cut meat, Ren seemed to have a heart attack. Was her way of cutting meat that terrifying? She didn't get what was so wrong with cutting meat with her scythe, she used it to cut the Sea King and Ren didn't seemed to mind that.

After a few more seconds of thinking, Shiki decided to just roast the chunk of meat, it seemed the safer option.

Pre-heating the oven to 200 degrees, Shiki sat the meat aside after seasoning it and began preparing some vegetables like potatoes, carrots, snow peas and spinach. Once the oven was hot enough, she place the meat on a tray and popped it inside the oven. While she waited, she began frying the vegetables in a large pan.

When everything was done, Shiki used a large plate to put the food on.

It looked weird and out of balance, a large chunk of meat in the middle and surrounding it was small vegetables. They were perfect size but compare it against the cooked meat, it looked small.

She quickly cleaned up, having it looked like there was no one using it.

Grabbing the silverware, Shiki headed back to the Control Room.

It was nearly time for Ren to wake up and start preparing breakfast, but she still had time.

When she stepped foot inside, Jambarl turned towards her, having smelled the delicious aroma, surprised that she actually made him food but sweatdropped when he saw the proportion of the meat.

Shiki handed him his early breakfast and got a nod as thanks. Sitting at an empty seat, Shiki pulled her legs up and sat back, enjoying the colours that swam by. A combination of blue, pink, purple and green glistened in the ocean and with the sunrise coming up, everything looked so pretty.