Teamwork leads to the infirmary

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or anything related to it except for my OC and unrelated plots in this. I also do not own any pictures.

______________________________________________________________________________

The inside of her mouth was so cold and minty that Shiki was puffing out air to try and lessen the burning cold that resided in her mouth.

As soon as Reika was satisfied that all the 'filthy boy cooties' were gone, Law came back with a bottle of cleaning alcohol and wipes and began cleaning Shiki's lips to which Reika began nagging Law about touching her friend.

But it didn't last long as she turned to her friend with a frown with a important lesson in mind.

"Haven't I taught you to be more aware?" Reika lectured with her hands on her hips, "Especially around guys. It doesn't matter if the guy is pretty, or the colour of his eyes is pretty, or if he has a nice voice, or if he can play wonderfully. You have to be aware of your surroundings!" she huffed, crossing her arms as she stared at her friend. 

Pulling back from Law once he was done, Shiki apologized, "I'm sorry." she said sullenly like a child being scolded. She should had been more aware as all the life lessons Reika taught her in their preteen years was to prepare her for the world. 

"And what about Stranger Danger?" Reika questioned, leaning forward with a raised brow on her frowning face, "You should always keep your guard up when someone unfamiliar talks to you."

While Shiki was being lectured, Law left without saying anything, going back inside to distract himself with his medical research. But before he could reach for the metal door, it was suddenly opened to reveal a surprised Leo.

"Hey Captain." Leo greeted, side stepping to let Law pass while holding Reika's now clean and dry clothes.

Law nodded in reply while the spiked blond watch him disappear with a confused look. From his perspective, it seems that the captain was brooding which means... Turning to the source, Leo couldn't help but stare dumbfounded at the pile of toothbrush, toothpaste, a bucket full of foam in Shiki's hand and said person was being lectured like a child.

Walking up to them definitely put a stop in the lecture as both turned to face him, one with a frown and the other blank.

"Where's Captain?" Shiki asked as Leo wordlessly handed Reika her clothes back. She gave a silent nod as thanks, looking anywhere but him as Leo turned back to Shiki to answer her question, "He's right here." he crouched in front of her with an amused grin.

Both girls raised a brow as they peered at his hair, blinking dumbfoundedly when they saw the sleeping little kitten nestled on top of some flattened blond hair.

"Pfft." Reika let out a small chuckle behind a delicate hand as she saw this. Shiki set her bucket down and gently lifted Captain from Leo's head.

The young man stood up with a grin as he ran a hand through his hair to fix it, "I'll be going now, there's something I like to do in the village."

Shiki nodded, giving him a small wave as he left.

With them now alone, Reika turned to Shiki, "Have you learned your lesson?" she questioned, giving her a pointed stare.

She nodded, standing up from her stool, "Yes, I'll be more careful next time." she replied.

Nodding in approval, Reika's frown became a smile as she walked around her, "Can you lead me to your room? I want to go change."

Shiki picked up their shopping bags in one hand and started a light jog, passing by her smiling friend to show her the way, careful not to jostle Captain in her arm.