Chapter Seven: A chance meeting and plans

I was waiting at the lobby of the hotel, waiting for my boyfriend to drive our rental, I sighed as I crossed my arms across my chest. I am wearing an ankle length denims, a white tank underneath a brown silk jacket, brown ankle boots and my hair flowing down naturally behind my back with some of my curls framing my face. I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ears and sighed.

Suddenly all of my senses alerted me of somebody approaching, glancing on my left I softly groaned when I saw Chris approaching me, he was wearing jeans, a white muscle shirt undeneath his brown leather jacket, he stopped beside me smiling widely.

"Hello, good morning!" he greeted me joyfully.

I sighed and nodded at him, "Morning" I replied in a civil manner, "what do you want?" I asked straightforwardly.

"A chance to talk? A chance to start over? You pick one." he replied as he stared at me.

I glanced at him looking at him with a difficult expression, "Why would I give those to you?" I asked "What right do you have to ask me for those?" I continued in a soft voice but my tone carries no kindness.

"What right? What do you mean what right?" he asked incredulously, "You are my girlfriend Andy," he stated "and I am not letting you go!" he revealed. "I may have let you get away from me two and a half years ago, but I won't make the same mistakes now." he ended.

I stared at him unimpressed, "I am not your girlfriend anymore" I replied, "you lost me the moment that you cheated on me" I continued, "I trusted you with my heart and it took me an entire year to heal it, to rebuild everything that you have broken." I continued as I shook my head and looking back out the hotel praying for Bear to arrive, or anyone else to bother us, "Besides, I am already with someone who loves me and who would not hurt me." I ended as I decided to walk away.

"That bastard?" he hissed as he grabbed my arm angrily, "That man you were with last night? Was that him?" he demanded.

I glared at him and yanked my arm away, "Yes, that was him!" I stated proudly as I raised my chin defiantly.

"A barbarian?" Chris replied, "You are with a barbarian?" he demanded before scoffing, "What does he have that I don't?" he ended.

I was about to answer when someone patted my shoulder, frowning, I turned around and saw a woman in her early twenties, "Yes, how may I help you?" I asked.

"Uhm," the woman stated smiling unsurely, "I'm sorry to bother you, but, uhm, do you happen to be Andy Hawk?" she asked as she tightened her hold on a book.

I smiled slightly at her cautiously, "Yes I am," I replied, "why?" I asked.

"Oh!" she stated smiling widely, "I am a huge fan of yours, your book the "How to survive the ice as well as in life" has helped me through some tough times." she replied as she handed me the book she was holding, "I never left home without it." she continued.

I smiled at her as I grabbed a pen from my purse, "What's your name?" I asked as I took the book from her.

"Sandara" she replied bashfully, "thank you so much" she stated as I handed the signed book to her again.

I just shook my head, "No, problem, you want a picture?" I asked.

"Really?" she stated beaming, I just nodded as I turned to the woman who was with Sandara as she turned to her friend as well, "can my friend join us as well?" she asked.

I nodded as the two younger girls prepared their cameras before we took a few shots, "Thank you for reading my book" I replied shaking their hands as Chris just watched us with a frown.