Chapter 23: What's next?

The morning after my engagement to the man I love, I woke up with a huge smile and my eyes fell on the ring on my finger, and I started to get misty eyed again, I still can't believe that I am engaged to the man I love. The man who is standing beside me during this hard times. Sighing I climbed out of my bed and entered my bathroom to change for the day. Wearing my black two piece bikini, I also grabbed a dark blue shoal before stepping into my black flipflops before walking out of my cottage and into a surprise.

"Congratulations!" my closest friends (Kaner, Segs, Skins, Rome, and Sid), as well as my girls greeted me as they threw confettis above my head. Shaking, I shook my head and hugged each one of them.

I stared at my blond best friend who squeaked and hid behind Roman and Sid, "Do you or do you not know what is going to happen last night?" I asked.

"I did, we all actually did" Kaner replied, "it's just that your man doesn't want you to know so I have to pretend that I did not know so that you would be surprised." he explained.

I nodded and pulled him in my arms, "Thanks Patrick" I told him as I hugged him once more before we all walked towards the dining hall for breakfast.

"Hi babe!" Bear greeted me with a huge smile as he approached me and pulled me into his arms for a tight hug. "Goodmorning fiancèe." he whispered to me as he leaned his forehead against mine.

Wrapping my arms around his neck I greeted him back, "Goodmorning fiancè." before our lips met for a quick kiss to the catcalls and cheerings of our friends.

Just then I heard someone gasp, we pulled apart and saw a troubled Geno. "You okay Bully?" I asked.

"Yes, okay. Just remember something." he replied with a deep frown.

I glanced at everyone who still have worried looks on their faces, "What?" I asked.

"You still married Evans." he replied with a sad face. "You have divorce before you marry Burish." he explained lenghtily.

My man turned towards me with a frown, "You haven't divorced him?" he asked.

"She have been asking for their divorce since she got to Chicago." Jonathan replied as my silence lengthened.

Bear just shook his head, "I can't believe what an asshole he really is." he stated before he grinned and grabbed his phone from his pocket. "I have an idea." he said as he walked me towards the corner of the hall and made me pose. "I'm going to do step one of operation payback." he continued grinning as Sid nodded grimly.

After he took my picture I watched over my fiancé's shoulder as he composed and sent a tweet.

@ABurish37: @AndyHawk said yes! Who's the lucky guy?! This guy! Yeah baby! #SoonToBeMrsBurish pic.twitter.ahci3568302ahfudk5

He then looked down at me as I smiled up at him. "Now we wait for his reply." he stated as I nodded before we approached the buffet to grab our breakfast.

I was about to sit down when I realized some people are missing, "Where is my family?" I asked before finally sitting down.

"Your parents called for a room service." Ali began, "Your siblings have been up since 6 and have already eaten as well as your cousins, and they are now island hopping." she ended as I nodded.

Just then I heard Bear's notification go off. Everyone turned towards him as he pulled his phone out and pulled it up that made him laugh with all the reply he have received from his friends.

@ssourray: Congrats @ABurish37 & @AndyHawk! Finally off the market! #SoonToBeMrsBurish

@thebarbieblank: Wow! Congrats @ABurish37 & @AndyHawk. About damn time too! #SoonToBeMrsBurish #HoneyBear

@10PSharp: How unfair can my good friend @ABurish37 be? Proposing to @AndyHawk when I can't be there to witness it. 😢 #SoonToBeMrsBurish

@7PMartin: Congrats on one of #TeamUSA Forward on finally nabbing the most wonderful bachelorette I know! @ABurish37 & @AndyHawk #SoonToBeMrsBurish

@j18neal: 😲 Without me being there @ABurish37 finally closed the deal! Congrats guys! #SoonToBeMrsBurish #TheyFinallyDidIt

@Pavs8: Congratulations to #TeamUSA @ABurish37 and sweet @AndyHawk. Just make sure to send the invites to the #SharksTerritory! #SoonToBeMrsBurish

We both laughed as we both read the tweets from some of our Hawks family and some of his Team USA family especially the newlyweds. "He haven't sent anything yet" Bear replied.

"I don't give a fuck right now, Bear." I told him as I smiled at him, "I'm marrying you soon, and that's my only concern right now." I informed him making his smile widen as we shared a quick kiss before we started eating breakfast.

Kaner whined as he removed his phone from his pants, "The fuck are they texting me for?" he stated as his phone vibrated on top of the table. He unlocked his phone and grumbled, "All of these are just congratulatory texts for the newly engaged couple." he stated before looking up at us, "Why aren't your phones blowing up?" he accused us.

"Well" I began as I took a sip of my hot cocoa, "Bear and I decided to turn off the notifications from the Team USA group chat as well as the Hawks family one. We know it would happen." I answered with a shrug.

Kaner then turned his glare towards his husband, "How about you? Why is your phone not blowing up?" he demanded as Jonny just smiled at him showing that his phone was on airplane mode, which made the blond curse us aloud. "I will let this pass because you guys are newly engaged. But if this happens tomorrow, still, I reserve my right to a payback." he ended.

"Sure" I told him nonchalant before we continued eating.

Bear suddenly smiled when he finally saw the tweet he was waiting for. "He finally responded." he revealed as we all turned towards him as he finally read the tweet aloud:

@ChrisEvans: This is not yet done! I am not giving @AndyHawk the only thing that would let her marry her "fiancè" @ABurish37. #notsigninganything

"Don't worry, the part two of this payback will happen soon Andy, just celebrate your engagement. Don't think anything about the man who doesn't deserve you." Shea finally spoke out from beside Roman. "We all know the person that is deserving of you is sitting right next to you, just trust Sid. He ain't Captain Canada for nothing." he ended.

I nodded at the Preds Captain before turning my eyes towards a blushing Roman and my smile became a little sly, "What boyfriend, eh, Josi?" I teased before laughing aloud when Roman blushed deeply making everyone notice the two of them.

"Hey, I have a suggestion!" We all turned towards Segs, "Why don't we have an engagement party for Andy and Burs the night before we leave for America?" he stated.

Burs and I turned to each other and shrugged, "Why not. The girls and I will prepare for the party while you guys just enjoy your vacation?" I suggested.

"No" Burs replied, "we're getting married, we're planning things together. No bridezilla for me." he ended as he crossed himself.

Giggling, I squeezed his forearm, "If only I can marry you wearing jeans and a t-shirt, I would've. But first I have to get Chris to sign our divorce papers." I informed him.

"We," Burs argued as he looked down at me as he laced his fingers with mine, "we have to get Evans to sign those damn documents, one way or another." he ended firmly making me smile at my boyfriend's determination.

Nodding, I agreed, "We."

.
.
.
TBC.