Chapter Thirteen: Where am I?

- Past -

Beeping noises.

That was the first thing I heard after a long while, slowly I opened my eyes and blinked it repeatedly to remove the haziness I am seeing. I looked around and saw white ceilings, white floors and is that a dextrose? Where am I? What happened?

Just then a pretty red haired nurse came in smiling, "Good Morning Mrs Evans" she greeted me, "it's nice to finally see you awake." she continued as she approached me.

Mrs Evans? What the fuck? When did I become Mrs Evans? I asked myself, "Wha-what did you call me?" I softly asked her.

"Mrs Evans" she replied "your husband brought you here almost a month ago scratched and bruised badly with both your wrist fractured and a few ribs cracked." she continued before the door opened and came in Chris, "Good Morning Mr Evans, your wife is awake." she informed him.

Chris smiled widely as he immediately approached me and laid a quick kiss on my unresponsive lips, "It's good to see you awake babe" he stated.

"When did I become your wife?" I asked because the last thing that I remember is me deciding where to transfer just to get away from him.

Chris' bright smile dimmed as he grabbed my left hand, "What do you mean? Do you not remember our wedding?" he asked as he ran his thumb over my ring finger, my eyes widened when I saw the silver ring adorning it. "Why doesn't she remember?" he asked as he looked at the nurse.

The red head sighed and nodded, "I'll just call on your doctor Mrs Evans" she said as she walked out lf my room.

I licked my lips and decided to ask Chris, "Where's Seggy?" looking at his expression I saw something fleeting from his blue eyes.

"He is the reason why you are here Andy!" he replied with his clenched jaw, caressing my face he continued, "Him and Bergeron, they are the reason why you are here in the hospital babe" he continued, "I came home after a long week of taping and saw you bruised and beaten up in our home. Thankfully he got traded to Dallas this offseason or else I would have sued him." he ended.

Segs did what to me now? I thought silently But Seggs can't possibly do that to me! And what the fuck does he mean traded to Dallas? frowning I asked him again, "What date is it today?"

"It's the 10th of November babe" he replied as he showed me the screen of his phone showing me the date.

That can't be! How come I lost months of my life? I thought once more as the date that I last remembered is that we were days away from playoffs. "I'm tired" I told him and pretended to yawn before closing my eyes.

He nodded and kissed my forehead, "Okay just close your eyes, I'll be here when you wake up." he replied as he held my hand tightly.

What happened to me? I thought, Did my friends even look for me? Seggy? Kaner? Skins? Sid? Rome? Did they look for me?

-*-*-*-*-

Waking up next time I saw another nurse cheking up on my vitals, looking around, I saw that nobody was with me in the room, I looked at the male nurse and cleared my throat, "Hi" I greeted him.

"Good Evening Mrs Evans" he greeted me, "how are you feeling tonight?" he asked.

I licked my parched lips and replied, "Tired and thirsty, is visiting hours over?"

"Yes ma'am, if you're looking for your husband, he came home and most likely would be back tomorrow just like always." he replied smiling at me.