Chapter 37: The Wedding

"Love is the strongest force the world possesses and yet it is the humblest imaginable." - Mohandas Gandhi

________________________

It was finally the day of the wedding, inside the church of a small municipality in the province of Laguna the event the event coordinator and wedding planner were all in a flurry, handsome hockey players are just trying not to sweat through their Barong Tagalogs as they continuously fan themselves as they stood in-front of the church.

The aisle was decorated with yellow golden flowers, as a navy blue carpet was laid in the middle. The pews also have a light blue clothes decorating them. At the back and near the door was a small arc that was filled with navy blue, dark red, teal, yellow and gold flowers, Sidney Crosby looked around trying to stay cool at the heat of the day, thankfully the soon-to-wed couple thought ahead and rented standing air-conditioning machines making the inside of the church much cooler than what was outside.

Standing still the Penguins Captain, wearing a Barong Tagalog, is letting his husband pin a golden rose on his chest. The Russian was wearing a golden long sleeved polo under his best looking suit as the Barong Tagalog were reserved for the people that were part of the entourage.

"Hi Sid, you look good!" Patrick Kane stated as he shook hands with the Canadian, he was also wearing his Barong well and already pinned against his chest is a red rose. Jonathan Toews nodded at his fellow Canuck also wearing a long blood red polo underneath a black suit.

Sid just smiled at the American, "Thanks Kaner, you clean up well." he replied.

"But not as good as my boyfriend, fuckers!" Tyler Seguin stated as he arrived already wearing his barong and in his chest a kelly green colored rose was already pinned, Jamie Benn smiled almost shyly at the others as he stood beside his own boyfriend, wearing a kelly green polo underneath his charcoal grey suit and pants as Jordie stood behind him also wearing a barong.

Geno frowned, "Not true, Sid always look best!" he argued as he finally stopped fidgeting with his husband's boutonniere. "And bad to curse inside church Segs." he chastised the youngest Canadian.

Before Segs can even reply, Jeff Kasser approached the small group and informed them that the wedding is about to start and for those who are not in the entourage to finally grab a seat. Jonathan asked where he is about to sit down when Jeff pointed at a sign that was spotlighted making the players laugh at the ingenuity of the couple.

The three players who were not a part of the entourage laid a kiss on their own partners before finding a seat close at the altar

Jeff and Roman finally joined the three as they stood infront of the standing coolers and at the side of the biggest door that would be closed once the groom had walked down the aisle for an added drama.