Chapter Eleven: The Entourage

- Present -

I was still hugging Sid, waiting for him to calm down when I saw Bear and Geno looking at us from the doorway, "Hey is everything okay?" Bear asked as he approached us cautiously.

"No" I replied as I released my best friend from my arms and approached my man wrapping my arms around his waist, trying to find comfort there. "Everything is not okay" I whispered.

Bear returned my embrace as he kissed my head, "Care to tell me why?" he asked me softly.

"Here" I replied as I handed him my phone after I pulled up the tweet that could possibly destroy my relationship with him. As he took the phone from me, I stepped aside and worried my bottom lip.

I saw Bear's eyes widened in shock before turning deadly, I glanced to where Sid and Geno are and found them standing feet apart, Sid still fuming and Geno wary and worried about his partner, "That motherfucking asshole!" I immediately turned my eyes towards Bear who hissed out angrily.

"Bear?" I asked cautiously

My man turned towards me and pulled me into his arms, "We'll go through this babe, I promise you, we'll go through this and we will expose him as the asshole that he really is." he promised me. "He does not only released a private photo of you, but he also hacked into my fucking cloud." he hissed out angrily.

"What do you mean?" I asked him worriedly.

Bear sighed as he took his phone out and showed me a photo, the same photo that Chris has tweeted out, but this time I was clearly wearing my favorite night shirt. "Remember that day when I tried waking you up?" he asked me as I nodded, "I took that picture just before you woke up and smack me with my pillow." he continued with a long gaze before he blinked and looked down at me, smiling. "Besides that, remember I know your body and I know that the only reason why you do not realize this is because shame is clouding your mind." he then took my phone again and clicked on the photo before handing it to me before doing something on his and handing it to me, "Now look at what is different between the two photos." he ended.

Frowning I stared at the two photos and my eyes widened when I realized what I am actually seeing, "It's not mine," I whispered almost in shock before looking up at my man, "it's not mine." I continued almost smiling.

"What is not yours?" Sid asked as he stood beside me frowning.

I handed both photos to my friend, "That naked body is not mine" I replied, "I was never interesting enough for the paparazzi's to take a picture of me wearing a bath suit since I always make sure that I am covered up whenever Bear and I go to the beach." I started as realization dawned on Sid.

"And he has never seen you naked before," Sid stated smiling as the gears in his mind started, "therefore if we really need to, we could always tweet out another one that could contradict that edited photo." he continued before he left me standing there as he briskly walked back inside the reception building with us, three, quickly following him.

Peeks, and the rest of the guys looked at us and frowned bewildered at our reactions, my eyes widened when I saw Roman holding his broken iPad tightly, "I'm sorry about throwing your iPad across the room RJ" Sid stated apologetically, "if you need a replacement you can buy another one and I would willingly pay for it." he ended.

"Are you guys okay now?" Jonny asked worriedly, "Peeks and Rome have explained what happened to us," he continued as he quickly glanced at me, "I just can't believe that he could actually do that, you know?" he continued.

I nodded, "You and me, both, Jon" I replied before looking around then frowned when I didn't see him there, "where's Segs?" I asked.

"They left, or that was what Segs told me." Peeks replied

I frowned, "Why would he leave?" I asked him worriedly.

"Because I am ashamed to be called your best friend" Segs stated from the side, we all turned towards him bewildered, "I am ashamed by what I have admitted. You have always been by my side for all of my ups and downs and yet" he sighed "I can't do the same for you." he ended downtrodden.

I approached him and hugged him tightly, "You didn't need to leave Segs," I started, "I was actually grateful that eventhough we've been friends for quite sometime now, you are still the same Tyler I met in Boston way back then, the same frankness, it's what made you, you, and that's the only thing that I have asked for from you all." I continued smiling, "Besides if the question was reversed, I most probably would answer you the same." I ended before glancing at Peeks, "Besides, who are those two assholes that stood beside me the first time? Who even went and fetched me in my home country when I had had enough of Chris' mind games?" I asked.

"Me" Segs replied "and Kaner" he continued as he hugged me back, "so what now Sid?" he then turned towards Sidney who was just standing silent beside us.

Sid grinned, "We celebrate Nealer and Paulie's wedding, then we hangout as a group before we issue a statement that would contradict Evans' tweet." he replied.

"By doing what, exactly?" Bear asked as he stepped beside me placing a proprietary hand at the small of my back.

Sid's grin widened, "Going to the beach ofcourse!" he stated, "Don't you know? It's still the off season." he continued smiling before walking off.

I raised a shocked eyebrow at that, "We're going on a vacation?" I asked "But what about summer training?" I continued bewildered.

"Pssh" Kaner replied nonchalant before silently pointing at all our friends, "impromptu summer camp." he stated grinning before he dragged Jonny towards the dance floor.

Segs just smiled and kissed my head, "Just go along with it, you did last time" he replied before following Kaner to the dance floor dragging a very hesitant Jamie.

I then turned towards Roman and Shea, "But the Worlds? IIHF Tournament?" I asked.

"We'll still get to go," Roman replied, "Sid didn't say for the entire summer right?" he continued.

I was still very unconvinced, I was about to argue once again when Bear gently squeezed my hip, I glanced up at him as he shook his head, "You have to trust Crosby, apparently he already has a plan." he stated.

"And you do?" I asked.

Bear smiled as he looked down at me, "For your safety, I do." he replied before he leaned his forehead against mine. "I'll trust anyone who would help me protect you." he ended.

I licked my lips, released a deep sigh and closed my eyes. I just need to trust my friends, just like I did years ago when this happened the first time around.

.
.
.

TBC.