Chapter 31: Hard Assignment

After we have talked and grabbed the evidence from Finnegan's house, we all climbed back to our cars silently, I know that they didn't understand what had transpired inside, why I wouldn't file a case against Finnegan. Sighing I leaned my forehead on the window of Papa's car while clutching the envelope that held Seggy's freedom.

Closing my eyes, I hoped that we finally arrive at the precinct to get Segs out before Chris can come back and make sure that he wouldn't see the light of day anytime soon. Suddenly I heard someone clear their throat loudly, and having only two people with me in the car, I am hoping that it is Papa instead of Bear. Slowly opening my eyes, I turned them to the front and saw Bear looking at me.

"Can you please tell me, again, why you're not suing him?" he asked me with pleading eyes.

Sighing I ran my fingers through my hair and replied, "Because he is a federal officer who was deep undercover to catch a serial killer, but instead was caught into a destructive net of a BDSM lifestyle." looking down at my lap, I released another deep breath, I continued, "I know that somehow, he is still at fault for not saving me, for bringing me in danger, but he also can't compromise his assignment." I ended.

"I just" Bear began before he turned to look forward again as he rubbed his forehead, "it is his responsibility as a law officer, to not place civilians in harm's way, and yet he did, with you." he argued, "I just want to give you the justice you deserve by placing those who have harmed you behind bars."

I leaned forward and squeezed his shoulder, "I understand that Bear, and we will. Just not the person who have abducted me from my old house, not until his undercover assignment is finished. People's life is at stake here Bear, and not just mine." I paused before I leaned back on my seat and back to my position. "I know you don't understand my reasoning yet, Bear, but I hope in time you will finally do." I ended.

"Me too" I heard Bear whisper softly, I hope our relationship will survive this hurdle I placed us in.

Turning to the scenery outside again, I just closed my eyes and raised my burden to Him, to help me through this hard times. Just then I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket, I immediately pulled my device, and I saw Shea have sent me a message.

Fr: S.Weber
To: AndyBandy
Scott Evans texted, he's requesting to meet us in the cafe by the precinct. What do I tell him?

Fr: AndyBandy
To: S.Weber
Tell him that I will meet him, I just want to know what Chris' plan is, if he is somehow involved with the assault. I want to end this right now Shea, I just want to get married to B and make a family with him.

Fr: S.Weber
To: AndyBandy
I hear yah. I'll tell him to meet us there in 30. Roman is also saying that you better screw your head on right because that back there, with Agent McCall? It's not right. He is still guilty of being an accessory and he better see you filing a case against him once his assignment is done.

Fr: AndyBandy
To: S.Weber
Tell your boy that my head is screwed on straight and I will think about it. Thanks again Shea!

Locking my phone again, I looked up and turned to Papa Z, "Pa, can you drop me by the precinct café? Shea, Roman and I have something to pick up there as well." I told him.

"Did Scott already find evidence?" Bear asked me with a clipped tone.

Sighing I replied, "Yes, he did." I nibbled on my bottom lip for awhile before releasing a deep sigh, "If I promise to file a case against Finn when his undercover assignment is done, will you finally stop being an asshole to me?" I asked.

"It's not me being an asshole Andy, it's me wanting justice for the woman I love! Is that too hard to understand as well?" he replied as he glared back at me.