Chapter 24: The Party part 1

- Burs POV -

I can't believe that she said yes and we would be celebrating our engagement in just a few days. Looking around the part of the beach where we would be celebrating it, I was stunned when I saw the familiar head of two of my best friends, Patrick Sharp and Sheldon Sourray, walking towards me with big smiles on their faces.

"If it isn't the groom-to-be!" Sharpy greeted me with a huge smile and a brotherly hug thumping my back twice. "Can't believe you're finally getting off the market!" he continued.

I just shook my head at him before sharing another hug with Sheldon before smiling widely, "When you finally found the one, you don't let them go." I told them.

"That is true" Sheldon replied before smiling at the waitstaff that was walking towards us carrying three bottles of beer. We three, each grabbed one before we made a toast. "Anyway Babs says congratulations but she's just going to have to make it up on the bachelorette party as she have things she can't skip out off." he explained.

I shrugged, "Nah, she don't have to worry about it. Andy and I need to ask Evans to sign their divorce papers before we can even get married." I revealed to them before taking a sip of beer.

"Wait, she's married? I thought she was a bachelorette, Sharpy?" Sheldon asked baffled.

Sharpy sighed as he rubbed his nape, "She is," he replied without hesitation, "she's married without her consent." he continued with another deep sigh. "The problem is even before she got together with Burs, Evans doesn't want to give Andy the divorce she wanted." he ended.

"Wow, that is some A-grade asshole, Andy married." Sheldon replied before asking "What do you also mean without her consent?"

I sighed, "That is a god damn long story." I replied before turning towards the two suspicious, "Why are you two here anyway?" he asked.

"Well" Sharpy began "Kaner called the team and some of your closest friends, and your immediate family. He said that they'll be throwing you and Andy an engagement party, so here we are!" he replied as he indicated the place.

I just shook my head, "Well, that's good, atleast it's not only her family and friends that are here." I told them, "She was already feeling guilty about Megan not being here when her siblings are."

"That's Andy" Sheldon replied with a shrug as we all three shared a laugh.

I just nodded in response, because yes, that's my soon-to-be wife. Wife. I can't help but smile widely at that thought making Sharpy snort shaking his head at me. Hey, I ain't going to argue with Sharp,

Just then I felt arms wrapping around my waist, I turned towards the person behind me and kissed her forehead, "Hey, everything good there?" I asked as I nodded towards the events hall she just walked out of.

"Yes" my girl replied before smiling at my two best friends and greeting them, "Sharpy, Sheldon" before she snuggled closer to me "bear, is there anything else that we need to do? Well aside from asking Stan if we can just skip on the Q&A's for the Hawks website." she ended.

Frowning I glanced down at her, "What do you mean Q&A?" I asked.

"Ah" Sharpy replied with a nod, "something the new PR wanted to do, a little glimpse of all the couples within the Hawks organization." he explained, "Just a little overview, when did you two met, when was your first date, what was your first expression of each other, those sort of things." he ended.

Sheldon hummed in acknowledgement, "Apparently, you already got your turn Sharpy?" he asked.

"Yeah" Sharpy replied rubbing his nape, "I already did, but it was more intrusive as I have two little girls to protect from the public eye." he ended.