{63} Company, christmas lights, and netflix

Grace's POV:

Once reality kicks in, I realize I can't sit in the backseat forever.  My dad is staring at me from the driveway.  Ha, he's probably regretting taking me home.  I seem like a messed up child.  Clumsily, I step out of the car and drag my hands down my face.  I can't even imagine how horrible I look.  I still have my dress on.  Don't think about the dance Grace... Don't.

It's pitch black since it's the middle of the night.  Suddenly, my dad scoops me up.  

"You looked as if you'd fall over." He whispers.

I can't do anything about it.  I'm actually falling asleep and motionless.  I close my eyes as my dad walks me through a door.  I keep moving up and down slightly as he walks me somewhere.  That is, until I feel a confider under me.  With a kiss on the head, I'm happy to block everything off in a long sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lil G." A voice says, "Grace, wakey wakey."

My dress tightens and twists around me when I turn over.  My dress?  I squirm in the comfortable bed, not wanting to ever get up.  The voice keeps talking.  That's when I recognize the voice. 

"LYSSA!" I blurt and burst out laughing when my voice croaks.  

"FINALLY!" She pulls me into a big hug. 

"Hot dress, just can't get out of it can you?" Lyssa adds with a wink. 

"I thought I wouldn't see you in… a couple years… or more.  Oh my god!" I say, still shocked.

The lookalike in front of me is my cousin.  Alyssa Ross, but called Lyssa.  I always wanted her to be my older sister.  She's one year older and we look a lot alike.  Brown hair, brown eyes, same nose.  

"Well here I am." She throws her hands into the air, "Your dad and mine are setting up the restaurant here.  I'm going to be helping there during the break, you better be too." 

"Sure." I shrug. 

Lyssa twirls a piece of her wavy hair around her finger and looks around the room.  Hell, is this my room?  I have no clue where I am at the moment.    

"I'm staying here for your 'company' this week or so." Lyssa chuckles. 

"My dad so made you do this…but that's awesome!"

"Exactly." She brings a box into the room, "We need to liven this place up a bit." 

In no time, we turn on Christmas music and put up Christmas lights.  I drag one end of the colorful lights and start taping it across the top of the window.  Lyssa brings the other end on the other side of my room.  This is going to look so cute.  

I dig through the giant box of random crap.  A tiny Christmas tree laid smashed in the bottom.  If it was lit up it may look better.  Yeah, I'll use it.  I place it on the white desk and plug the lights in.  Much better.