Chapter 9.

Alexa's POV

I woke up to the feeling of my comfortable soft bed...wait a minute. I sprang up and looked around me. This was NOT my room. It was the complete opposite of my room.

I was in a HUGE room, bigger than my entire apartment. The bed that I was sleeping on was a queen sized bed with a purple duvet. It was soft and comfy. I stood up and roamed around the room. There were nightstand on either side of the bed. In the right corner of the room, there was a flat screen TV, a couch and some beanbags. To the right of my bed was a long desk with a book shelf on top of it. In the left corner was a closet. The last place I didn't check was the door to the left. I opened it and my jaw drops at the sight. The bathroom looked amazing. There was a bathtub!!! I have never used a bathtub before. The walls were white and gold. Everything was shiny and clean, I was afraid that I'd mess up everything.

I walked out of the bathroom, wondering where the hell am I. Am I dreaming? Have I been kidnapped?? Wh-

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. My head snapped towards the direction of the door and I was on full alert. I sighed though when I saw Cole come in.

"Hey! You're awake" he says with a bright smile

"Yeah...where am I?" I ask

"My house" he chuckles

"...why?"

"I kidnapped you." He jokes and I glare at him

"Lexi I couldn't let you live in that place anymore. The more days you're there, the higher the chances of you getting killed are...and I can't have that." He says

"Cole...I would've been fine." I sigh

"I couldn't risk it. Plus now that you're staying with me, we can keep an eye on each other and we could help each other better" He says, walking over to me

"I am now forever in your debt" I sigh once again and look down. I should be upset about this but in all honesty I'm relieved  that I'm gone from that place. Cole's right, the longer I stay the higher chances of something bad happening to me

"Nahhh. I'm doing this cause you're my friend" He says and I can feel him close to me.

"Not too long ago we were enemies" I say

I look up and see him smile lightly at me. My heart is racing as I notice how close we are. I avoided his gaze and he puts a hand on my cheek and makes me face him.

"Well now you are someone who I really really care about." he says softly

We stand there and look at each others eyes. My blue-grey ones staring back at his green ones. His eyes were a beautiful forest green color. It was like looking at a never ending forest and wondering what's it like on the other side. Something is always stopping people from seeing what's at the end of this forest, but they always give. Except me, I'm not giving up on him. Not now, not ever.

My heart beats faster as I see him leaning in. I don't know what the hell is possessing me but I find myself leaning in too. We were only centimeters apart when a voice called from downstairs. We jump back from each other and I was blushing bright red. Cole's cheeks were slightly pink and I smiled a little at that. The voice calls again.

"I uhm I'll uh go a-ahead." He stutters nervously

I couldn't trust my own voice so I just nod. Cole grins at me and rushes downstairs. I sit back on the bed and run a hand through my hair.