Chapter 73.

Cole's POV

When we arrived, they sent us to our rooms. Apparently, we were supposed to share a room. I unpacked our things by myself since Lex was taken away by the doctors. They siad that I could go along, but Lex insisted I get some sleep. I did fall asleep as soon as I laid down.

Everything has just been so draining and exhausting. It's just all so tiring...

"Cole..."

"Cole..."

I was in a field. A gorgeous field the was full of flowers. I turned around, and saw the beautiful face of my girlfriend. Lex smiled a beautiful smile at me. I find myself smiling back at her. She wraps her arms around me and kisses my cheek. I enjoyed the feeling of her warmth around me. She leads me under a tree where a picnic was prepared.

She and I eat sandwiches,fruits, chocolate and all kinds of other food. Once we're full, she lays her head on my lap. I run my hand through her hair. I was in peace...until I heard sobbin. I looked down to see Lex sobbing her eyes out.

"Lex?" I say in confusion. She looks up at me and slaps me in the face.

"HOW COULD YOU?!?! YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH MY TWIN SISTER!!! HOW COULD YOU?!?!" She stands up and backs away from me.

The scene suddenly changes to darkness. I hear screaming. It was a scream that I've heard many times in the nightmares.

"COLE??? COLE PLEASE HELP ME!!! COLE!!!" 

"Princess?!?! Aurora?! Where are you?!" I call out to my sister. I run towards the direction of the sobbing. I spot a light up ahead and run straight towards it.

I stop in my tracks when I see that the screaming and sobbing have changed. I watch helplessly as Lex gets tackled by Josh. Josh stabs her, then leaves her for dead. Lex makes eye contact with me and faintly whispers

"This is all your fault...you're the cause of-of all this p-pain...all...your...fault..." she whispers.

The ground starts to shake as she closes her eyes and slowly loses consciousness. Everything changes again. There's fire, smoke and ashes everywhere. Lex and Aurora's voices and screams fill the air just like the smoke. I try to scream for them, but no noise comes out of me. I scream and scream, but there's no sound. I felt my chest squeezing and the air from my lungs starts running out.

A voice says to me before I pass out from lack of oxygen...

You killed your sister. You nearly killed your girlfriend. It's all your fault. It's always your fault.

And then it goes black.

I woke up sweating and out of breath. I scrambled out of bed and tried to reach for some water. I quickly gulped it all down. My phone starts ringing. I take deep breathes and tried to control my breathing. I picked up the phone, letting my friend's voice distract me from the nightmare I've come to have very often now.

"Hey Cole!!!" They all greet

"Where's Alex?"

"She's not picking up her phone"

"Did you get there safely?"

"How are you guys?"

And any other questions. I answered all their questions. We talked for a while until Lex came back. By then, I forgot all about my nightmare. We also changed from phone call to video call. I smiled and waved at Lex. I put the phone speaker phone andd layed it on front of me.

"Guys! Lexi's back" I say. Lex sat down next to me and greeted our friends.

"ALEX!!!!!!" They all yell in glee

"How'd it go? What did you do?"  Chase asks first

"Eh. It was...it was." Was all she said

"Okayyy then. Now that we're all here, we have some great news!!" Jess says excitedly

"What is it?" Lex and I ask in unison. They all smile at us happily

"Josh is in jail." They announce.

Lex freezes in shock. They take this time to continue talking

"He's in jail and so is his whole gang." Hailey says

"Technically most are dead cause they went out on a full blown shooting war with the police. Luckily the police won that shoot off." Robin adds

"A-are you sure?" Lex asks. Her eyes fill with the unshed tears.

"Yes!!!" They all yell in joy. Lex buries her head in my shirt. I feel her tears of joy seeping through my shirt

After a  bit more celebrating with our friends, we end the call. Lex is still cuddled by me. My heart swells with love as I get to hold her like this again. It may be for the a few minutes, but at least I have her in my arms again.

"God...this feels like it's too good to be true..." She says

"Well it is true. You've been hit with a lot of bad struggles recently. I believe that with every bad moment comes a good one. Good things are coming for you, Lex." I kiss her the top of her head after saying all that. She looks up and smiles widely at me.

"Thanks Cole."

"I'm just stating the truth" I shrug

That night, Lex slept peacefully for the first time...

And so did I.

////////////////////////