Chapter 42

Cole's POV

Robin and I sit with Lex and the others now. Everyday Chase talks about how he's so thakful to not have to worry about feeling guilty cause he ditched his other best friend. We were currently waiting for the girls because for some reason they were late to lunch today.

"Damn they're taking a long time." Chase whines

"I expected Cole to be the one whining..." Robin says as he eats another fry.

"Hey!"

At that moment, Lexi plops down next to me with the girls glaring at her. The tension filled the air and us guys glanced at each other in confusion.

"Alexandria Francesca Brians." Jess says seriously

"Oh shit the full name" Chase whispers quietly. Robin and I glare at him to shut up. He raises his hands in surrender.  We turn our attention to the girls again.

"Go. Home." Hailey says

"I'm fine!!!" Lex says. Her voice was super hoarse and as soon as she said that she starts violently coughing.

"Yeah suurreee. We TOTALLY believe you." Jess glares at her

"Okay! What's going on here?" Robin says in exasperation

"Alexandria here is deathly sick." Jess says

"Stop using my first name" Lex whines but soon coughs again

"Your full name is Alexandria?" Robin asks

"Alexandria Francesca" Chase says

"Stop it!!" Lex exclaims. She raised her voice, causing her to practically cough out her lungs

"Anyways, back to Alex being sick. She's super sick yet she doesn't want to go to the clinic or go home to rest." Hailey says

"I'll be fine. Just a few more classes left."  Lex waves them off

"Yeah! And then you're going to sneak out of our sight and go to motherfucking work. Both of them." Jess says

I lean over and place my hand on top of Lex's forehead, immediately pulling back as soon as I do. She was burning up!

"Lex...are you really sure you wanna do all that." I say slowly

"I. Am. Fine." She insists

"Alex. You're going to rest."  Chase says

She huffs and stands up. She stops for a while and grabs her head. We all look up at her in worry.

"Alex-"

"I'm fine!!" 

She walks off and leaves the cafeteria. I stand up and run to find her. It wasn't that hard to find her. When I exited the cafeteria, I saw Lex sitting on the floor with her back against the lockers. Her head was tilted to look upwards and she was pulling her hair.

"Lex..."

I slowly approached her. She looked at me with a pained expression. It broke my heart to see her like this.

"It hurts....Cole....please...make it go away..." she whimpered

I quickly rush over to her and hold her in my arms. She grips on my shirt and curls into a ball.

"Let's take you home...please..let me take care of you..." I whisper softly.

"Okay...okay...just make it go away...make it go away please." A tear slides down her cheek.

"Cole"

I turn around to see our friends watching us with great concern in their eyes. Even Robin who wasn't even that close with Lex.