Chapter 69.

Cole's POV

"Since when did you and Alex become so close?" I ask with a hint of jealousy. I'm supposed to be the one who was comforting her. I'm supposed to be the one who takes care of her. I'm supposed to be there for her.

"Since we made that deal." Robin answers

"I visited her everyday. I kept her company, and took care of her." He says

"So that's why you practically spend all your time in the hospital" Hailey says. She too had a hint of jealousy to her tone

"Yup. I'm really sorry I didn't tell you Cole." He looks at me

"I'll forgive you if you tell us what the hell happened." I demanded to know. Robin sighs before launching into the story.

"Alex was nearly raped and murdered by her ex,Josh."

...
...
...

What.

"WHAT?!?!" Brian and Chase yell in unison

"She was on her way to the café when her ex ambushed her. He almost raped her but she was able to escape and run away. She ran away but he  threw a dagger at her. It went very deep. She was able to call the 911, but by the time they go there she already lost a lot of blood. Her pulse was very faint and she barely survived. She went into a coma for 4 days. The day I saw her was the day she just woke up. She's been recovering here for the past few days. The police comes from time to time to inform her how the case is going."

"Alex is being protected because she was able to give a lot of information on Josh. Apparently Josh was part of a big gang who is charged for rape,kidnapping, murder, drug use, drug trade, human trafficking, and many more. The police have been tracking them down for a long time, but they don't have a constant lead. Since Alex spilled info about Josh, they had a stable lead. Because of that, the gang is trying to kill Alex."

"Recently there was an attempt to kill her right here in the hospital. Luckily the nurse saw him and called security. Unluckily the man escaped from the security."

"And yeah that's basically it." Robin finishes his explanation. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. I looked at Lexi. This was all my fault...

While everyone was trying to process the new information,I made my way over to Lex. I took her hand in mine and kissed it. I mumbled over and over about how sorry I am. It was all my fault.

"Cole...Come on don't cry..." She says softly

I didn't even realize I was crying till she said that, and wiped the tears that fell down my cheek.

"I'm so sorry Lex...this is all my fault...all my fault..." I sob

"Please don't even try to comfort me and say it's not. It IS my fault. I screwed up. I fucked up. It's my fault. It's all my fault." I say through my tears

"Alex, what the hell are you doing?! Stop that. You can't move. Your wound hasn't fully healed." Robin suddenly says frantically. Lexi suddenly tugs on my arm, making me look up. She scooted over to one side of the bed. She patted the space next to her, signalling for me to stay next to her. I crawl beside her, and she envelops me in a big hug.

I hug my her tightly and, she lets me cry onto her. The door opens and closes. I check and see that our friends left us alone.

"Lex...I'm gonna try hard to fix you again. I'll take care of you and make you happy again. I know you might not believe me when I say this because I broke my promise the first time, but I promise to make you happy again." I say

"Cole...make me a different promise." She says

"Promise me that YOU will find happiness."

"I'll only be happy when you're happy." I cuddle into her

"Then let's start from the beginning. We'll go back to square one and pick up the pieces that we broke." She says

"We'll fix each other again." I say

A moment of silence passes over us

"Did you do your nebulizer?" She asks. A smile makes it's way on my face as I remember the reason we became friends in the first place

"Yes." I answer

"Do you have your nebulizer?"

"Yes."

"Can you let go now?" She chuckles. I let out a little laugh and cuddle closer to her

"Nope!"

/////////////////////////////